Indii

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So as many of you know I had a little runt named Indii well this morning she passed away. We have been putting her in a box with a light blanket over a warm water bottle at night to keep her warm in my room with the door shut to keep the others out. She made it a full 3 weeks before passing away from the Peanut defect. She had the wide head and the inability to suckle and everything. I wish I would've culled cause now I feel like a terrible person for making her suffer, but at least now she is in a better place

You have rabbits with dwarf genes? Because that's the only way to get a peanut. Sorry the kit didn't make it but it definitely sounds like something was wrong with her.

I don't think they did but the way she looked she literally had every symptom of peanut. I have had this once before from Buttons funny thing is I don't have any dwarfs I think they could have possibly had some dwarfs breed with them Buttons isn't very big herself for the does I seen when I was at the breeders

It's okay. I just figured I'd let everyone know I have posted so much about her. I woke up several times that night feeling these terrible pains in my stomach and thinking I should check up on her but I never did cause I kept telling myself she was ok and then seeing her this morning made me want to go back and have got up I feel like I could have done something.

I'm so sorry you lost her. :(

Do try not to blame yourself... I don't think you could have saved her. She sounded like she had physical problems that were going to take her pretty quickly, no matter what you did. You did what you could.

Both rabbits must carry the dwarf gene in order to create peanuts. If your doe had inherited the gene from her father(whom she was bred with), it's possible peanuts could be created that way.

Well I think at some point there was dwarfism bred into my rabbits. The more I look into it the more of a mutt they become. Obviously they are NOT true dwarfs but I do think they carry the gene and seeing as she was bred to her dad *accidentally I thought she was a he and well ya* so I think we got both the best and worst I will definitely let people I am selling to know this before they breed to try to prevent peanuts. That was the worst thing ever. I spent the entire day out of the house and I tried to be ok but on the way home I just started bawling so I went and sat and played with her siblings and it helped a bit watching them and playing them and all

Back