Got a nasty feeling...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
...that this booger here was eating earthworms. :sick:

Sophie went to town on a spot where there were dozens of worms...it was like a worm gold mine, a nice little spot to dig up a couple little scoops of dirt n worms for my quail...but when I went in behind her every so often, hoping to find some quail treats, there were none. She was digging half the day, yet I only managed to find three small worms.

Just look at her. So sweet and innocent. Yet I'm about 80% sure she was slurping up icky worms, as well as gnawing on roots. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 480
Yummy! Lol. That's a really adorable bunny. She simultaneously looks old and grizzled, and yet, also young and sweet!

Easy Ears":2sx8td00 said:
Oh no! :( :sick: What would she find appealing about them? Ug...were they earth worms?
Well, rabbits are diggers...sort of wonder if it's normal for them, but no one notices 'cause they do it underground...? :? Either way, BLECH! :razz2:

LPH_NY":2sx8td00 said:
Yummy! Lol. That's a really adorable bunny. She simultaneously looks old and grizzled, and yet, also young and sweet!
'Xactly why I named her Sophie. :D In Howl's Moving Castle, Sophie's a girl who was cursed to look like an old woman. Just seemed perfect for a champagne. :oops:

Check Craigslist. I bet she's packaging your worm castings and making a killing.

I'm beginning to think that even herbivores will eat a certain amount of animal protein given the opportunity. A year ago I would have been skeptical, but Michaels4gardens' posts on how he feeds his rabbits have made me rethink the question.

MaggieJ":1qe2z3ul said:
I'm beginning to think that even herbivores will eat a certain amount of animal protein given the opportunity. A year ago I would have been skeptical, but Michaels4gardens' posts on how he feeds his rabbits have made me rethink the question.
Same here.

Fish eat worms, possums eat worms, birds eat worms, raccoons will eat worms, skunks will eat worms, and according to a children's fiction book "How to Eat Fried Worms" people can eat worms also!!

But not me!!

Miss M":ymklkplz said:
MaggieJ":ymklkplz said:
Same here.
I don't think there is any such thing as a herbivore anymore. :lol: I've had deer take game cam bait for our carnivore wildlife, my cavy used to gather around my dog's raw food and were even caught going cannibal on live pups, and my first time seeing a sweet little "herbivore" eat meat was when a fat squirrel (I mean fat - there was plenty to eat here) took a leftover rib from an earlier BBQ and ran off with it. :shock:

But the buns can deal with grain and hay - they ain't getting nowhere near my bacon and any unfortunate worms I find are bird food! ;)

EnglishSpot":ymklkplz said:
Fish eat worms, possums eat worms, birds eat worms, raccoons will eat worms, skunks will eat worms, and according to a children's fiction book "How to Eat Fried Worms" people can eat worms also!!

But not me!!
Reminds me...I'm raising some mealworms, and I've been meaning to double-dog dare my dad to eat some. :twisted: He brags he's eaten grubs before - I wanna see him prove he has the guts! bahaha

Latest posts

Back