Judge's notes... What does it mean?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie570

Reaction score
I (finally) got my comment card back from the OSRBA show. This appears to be the one from the Breed Specialty (she only placed 15/17), I guess there wasn't a comment card for the All Breed :/ (she did better in that one, placed 11/15).

Anyway, I don't know how to interpret some of this stuff.... the card says 'Slope' on it and 'Baby' - I know the judge made some comment about her being too young for the table, so that's fine. Maybe that's what it means?

Do they normally mark more stuff than this??

chrissy_show.jpg

Baby on the fur, still has her baby coat, will thickened up as she ages and grows her new coat.
The slope means, basically, she doesn't round off after she peaks in her body, but slopes down to her tail. That would be my take on it.

Slope means that she slides off too early over the hip. I know she is young though so give her time. Mini Lops are one of the worst breeds that go through the uglies, IMO. I'll post a little development scale on loprabbitsusa.com

LopLover":17reozmz said:
Slope means that she slides off too early over the hip. I know she is young though so give her time. Mini Lops are one of the worst breeds that go through the uglies, IMO. I'll post a little development scale on loprabbitsusa.com

Oooh!! That would be awesome!!

Heck, even my ugly pet buck doesn't look as 'ugly' anymore. ;)
I'll try to get some posed pictures of him, now that I know more about it.
His face still is too pointy, but it's broader than it was and he has filled out more.

Susie570":25atj3hb said:
Do they normally mark more stuff than this??

The judge doesn't mark the cards, the clerk does... and the judges speak pretty quickly, so it is a struggle to mark much down. You will see what I mean when you go to a show. ;)

They marked type as Very Good, so that is a positive sign!

Young juniors never do very well at shows- most people wait until they are nearly seniors to show them, unless they are doing a favor to someone and enter them to bump the numbers in a class so someone will get a Leg.

Latest posts

Back