Looking for information on a show this weekend

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwright565

Reaction score
I'm interested in showing my rabbits and I was looking for shows in my area and saw that there's one this weekend! The only problem is I can't find any information on it online. All it shows on the abra website is that it's on 5/17 in spencer MA and its run by the central MA RBA. I really want to go check it out (not to show) to get an idea of what it's all about. If anyone knows anything about it or could help me track down some information I'd really appreciate it!

The ARBA website lists the show secretary and contact info:
PATRICK SCHMIDT
136 SMITHVILLE RD
SPENCER, MA 01562 203-376-0531
[email protected]

I would try to call or email him. I would let him know you are new to showing and ask for information and a show catalog. The catalog usually has all the info you need such as location, show times, etc. but it took me a while to understand all the lingo. If you have more questions after you get the info from the show secretary, be sure and ask here or give them a call back. Have fun! Oh, and one of my friends is going to be hopping at that show so you may want to check that out, too!!

Thanks! How long do shows usually last? I'm trying to figure out if I need to be there as soon as it starts or if I'll be okay if I come a couple hours later. Is it usually an all day thing? I don't want to miss any of the action!

You won't need to be there first thing. There will be a time listed for registration cut off. And a time listed for first showing. If you aren't showing, you DON'T WANT to be there early. Up until registration cut off, and even a little past, it will be a madhouse of people rushing about, filling out registration cards, carrying cages in, getting aquainted with other people showing, searching for where their breeds will be judged, etc.
The shows will last several hours. Depending on if its youth only, youth and open, single or double show, and how many judges.
It can last 3 or 4 hours, or it could last 10 hours.

You will be able to browse around and talk to breeders about their rabbits and learn about why different people choose a peticular breed or why not. Much like this site, you will be able to meet some very knowledgable people, some super friendly and helpful people, and probably a few jerks too.

Thank you so much! I found the show catalog. (Thanks fjhmom!) It's a double show show I guess with youth and open and a whole lot of sanctioned breeds so I'm guessing it's going to be a longer show. It says judging starts at 9 so I'm thinking I'll get there around 11 or 12 and I'll be ok. I'm really excited since it's a silver fox sanctioned show and that's my favorite breed. I only have one right now and I have no idea if she's even show quality. I doubt it since I found her on Craigslist, but you never know. I'm hoping to meet some sf breeders so I know who to talk to when I want to expand my breeding stock.

Latest posts

Back