What do you charge???? RabbitTalk sellers guide!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Mexico

Lionhead Rabbits only
NP: $45-60
P: $80 and up to $285, very rarely this high :), $150 common

Most are pet quality (obviously,lol), but I have a few knockouts

Feed:proManna, Advanced Diet, and fresh greens (cost not figured yet, well, it never has been ~ just whatever it costs for rabbit love)

A break even or so adventure for us.

I don't sell the Rex, SF or Angoras as pets, and it says so on my website, but I have had a strange amount of people asking for pets anyway, so I think I'm going to raise the price of all three to reflect the show price this stock deserves.

Pets: $10 - $20
Show: $20 - $50
I sell mostly to 4Hers and friends so I don't charge a huge amount.

North East Florida

I have Giant Flemish NP. I don't have babies yet but when I do I will let them go for probably $25.00. These sell for mostly just meat.

I have New Zealand NP. I have a litter due in 9 days. I plan on letting them go for $25-$30 These sell mostly for just meat.

I also have Holland Lops P. I sell these anywhere between $40-$50. Depending on if it is a pet, breeder, or 4-h.

I pay right about $17 for a 50# bag of feed, $20 for a bundle of 50# hay then I rotate weekly between carrots, lettuce, and other things which I get a really good deal on because the farmers market is right down the road and everyone knows me because of my pigs.

If it is for a Pet,
the average price is $25.00 to 30.00 often it is less.
Show quality is $40.00 and up depending on specifics.
Meat Rabbits are $2.50 per pound live weight.
I do not butcher, the purchaser does their own.
Although I often give a lot more than expected.
Probably do to my being a 4H rabbit club leader for so many years
previously. I just like to see people going home happy.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Pet's are priced at $15 ( have yet to sell one rex arent real popular hoping the daughters dutch and a few mini rex will bring in a little extra )
$40 and up for show quality & wish I had an outlet for meat rabbits around here paying about $19 for 80lbs of feed

I charge $30 for bucks, $40 for does.
I breed Mini Rex and Mini Lop (US).
I don't charge for pedigree, it comes free with rabbits
I sell for pet, brood, and possibly show... I'll likely end up charging mor for Show Quality, but I'm still learning how to evaluate them

__________ Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:14 pm __________

I do offer a Special Needs discount of 50% (because animals have been proven to reduce stress, if someone wants to buy a rabbit for a special needs friend or relative, its 50% discount, because they go through so much, and I want to be able to give them some relief of that)

I only raise meat rabbits, I sell for $2.50 / lb live wt, and add $3 to butcher.
-- I don't sell pets, --
--if someone wants a pet I suggest they go to "Best Friends" animal shelter, down the road and adopt one, that way when they change their mind ,they will take it back, I won't take any back "ever"

My prices are very widely ranged.
I sell lionheads in CO
Pet:
Cute (vm, tri, broken, chinchilla, BEW etc), with good personality go around $75
Not as "cute" (torts, REW,) or ones that are not as easly handled go around $25-$50

Breeding quality
$75 for all colored and VMs
$80 for BEWs

Show quality:
Any where from 75 for a VM that shows as a broken to 250 for an ideal BEW.

Calgary, Alberta.

As i am living in the city and there is a prohibition of rasing anumals fior "Agricultural purposes" so i keep a pretty low profile. :twisted:

Currently have 2 breeding age rabbits and 1 immature Doe intended for breeding

1 - Pure NZW Buck
1 - Half Beveren black / Half Flemish giant Doe
1 - Half NZW / Flemish Giant Doe

Pet Price $20 - $30 Depending on age - Additional $10 for 1 wk of pellets and 2LBS of hay

Not planning on selling meat mutts because i trade for wild game meat and i need to keep a low profile :lol:

60lb Bale of hay (50% Alfalfa/50% Orchard grass) - $6.50
#50 16% pellets - $14.50
#25 Boss - $12.50

Southern Calif
1 Pr of Sables 1 Buck 2 Does Cal I can get papers on them If I want them 1 NZ Doe all but the NZ are not of breeding age yet. I paid $20.00 for all but the NZ Doe and I paid $2.50 for her at a live stock auction. I am breeding for meat for my dogs and myself I am hoping to sell off a few to help pay for food. Checking to see what going rate at that time and go from their. I will be checking a couple of diffrent prices for food to see if I can get it from the Mill till then I am paying $17.00 for 50lb of green bag of Purina. hay is free from the landlord will be adding other things as I go along,

Northern Indiana

Mini Lops
Pet Quality (no pedigree) $40
Pedigreed, Show quality: $50

25 lb Kent Top Show feed $10.70
Mix of Hay (small bale) $4.00 Rural King

Upper Midwest - Have only sold rabbits for a year - French Angora

Wooler, no pedigree $50

Breeder, pedigree $75 and up

I bought my stock for more than this, but good stock should cost more.

Certified OG Hay $5 per bale
Certified OG Rabbit Pellets from our local feed mill - 50# for $20.50
Certified OG Greens (price varies)

Great thread!

start with state or country: Ontario, Canada

Breed: Price (NP=not pedigreed OR P=pedigreed)

Holland Lop -
Pet: $15-$25
NP (but purebred) - $25-$30
P - $30+

What are the majority of your Sales in order from greatest to smallest
Pet, Breeding Stock, Show,

Price per 50# of feed- $12 or something like that :)

michaels4gardens":2na9zpfa said:
I only raise meat rabbits, I sell for $2.50 / lb live wt, and add $3 to butcher.
-- I don't sell pets, --
--if someone wants a pet I suggest they go to "Best Friends" animal shelter, down the road and adopt one, that way when they change their mind ,they will take it back, I won't take any back "ever"

I have changed my mind about the "Best friends" thing-- I wouldn't anyone to get [ buy] a sick rabbit as a pet

Ohio

Cali's & New Zealand $20-50

Babies- $5-15

This is what I've paid as we haven't sold any. Pedigree isn't anything I've messed with. I just want meat and eventually nice furs.

Honey

NC rabbit were are you located in NC? I live in here in NC also. I've seen cali's and new zealands range in price anywhere from 20 to 40 dollars for a single rabbit. I'll be selling my New Zealands for 20 dollars a piece. I've also seen mini rexes and lionheads with an astronomical price tag, over 100 dollars or more. my mini rex mixed rabbits will be selling for 15 dollars. My feed costs me 17 dollars from tractor supply.

II Arrows, I live in the mountains of Western NC. A Fla transplant of 13 years. I'm only in my 4th month of this so learning every day. Met someone yesterday who raises NZ, quail, turkey, geese etc. trying to hookup to get a couple of NZ in trade for a couple of Cali's. He didn't seem too interested.

Latest posts

Back