Now is the time to sell your "bunny berries"!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That is a lot of rabbits Mamasheepdog!! I can't imagine taking care of that many. That surely seems like it must be a full time job.
Makes me curious of all the folks on rabbit talk how many people have on average, who has the most etc. Has their ever been a poll on that or anything.

MamaSheepdog":n5fz8ex4 said:
70 adults/older juniors, 32 weaned juniors, and 3 kits in the nest. I'm actually kind of low right now... I hate to admit it, but I actually have some empty cages. :oops:

Well, yeah. That goes without saying. ;)

Shame shame. :nono: :lol: :lol:
I think my hubby is going to lose his mower shed. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WhWRabbitry":n5fz8ex4 said:
Wow! That is a lot of rabbits Mamasheepdog!! I can't imagine taking care of that many. That surely seems like it must be a full time job.
Makes me curious of all the folks on rabbit talk how many people have on average, who has the most etc. Has their ever been a poll on that or anything.

:shock: That's something I've been thinking about. :? We should take a poll. Maybe hand out a prizes too. :lol: :lol:

wamplercathy":2sryvu7o said:
That's something I've been thinking about. We should take a poll. Maybe hand out a prizes too.

I forget who it was... Grumpy? Or maybe Dood? One of the guys said he has way more than that. I can't even imagine.

wamplercathy":2mef4zu7 said:
WhWRabbitry wrote:

Nah, not really. You just have to have a time saving system in place.

wamplercathy":2mef4zu7 said:
WhWRabbitry wrote:

:shock: That's something I've been thinking about. :? We should take a poll. Maybe hand out a prizes too. :lol: :lol:

We (of course!) have a thread about that... sooooo-who-here-has-the-most-rabbits-lol-t5607.html?hilit=head%20count

Looks like we need to revive it. :mrgreen:

WhWRabbitry":39iwr012 said:

MSD beat me to it.

The max I have had was 70 adults, not counting kits.

Right now I have 38 adults, 9 weanlings and 3 kits born this morning.

I have way more berries than I can use. :oops:

You're a GENIUS! I don't think I would have thought to include a comparison to other fertilizers! NICE!!

Now...if I could just let go of my rabbit berries! ;)

Anyone else horde their rabbit poo? Family wanted some for their flowers....I was like WHAT??!! This is organic goodness that will help feed my veggies!

I know...I've issues.

Honey

Honey":1460whxe said:
You're a GENIUS!

Why, yes. Thank you for noticing. :ugeek:

I don't think I would have thought to include a comparison to other fertilizers! NICE!!

Yeah, well... that's where the marketing genius comes into play. ;)

Now...if I could just let go of my rabbit berries! ;)

Anyone else horde their rabbit poo? Family wanted some for their flowers....I was like WHAT??!! This is organic goodness that will help feed my veggies!

I know...I've issues.

To be honest, Hubs was pretty appalled that I started selling bunny-berries, because we could use it all here. But it is a way to help (or cover!) the rabbit feed bill- so you do what you gotta do to support your rabbit addiction. :mrgreen:

skysthelimit":xbm8zdix said:
MamaSheepdog":xbm8zdix said:
So... repeat after me:

:twilightzone: "I will not argue with MamaSheepdog. MSD knows all. When MamaSheepdog gives a directive, I will comply immediately. I will also tithe 10% of my bunny-berry profits to Victory Garden Rabbits." :twilightzone:

:wr_sway: :surrender2:

Omg, you guys are too funny. This is the most hilarious thread.

Honey":318znu3l said:
You're a GENIUS! I don't think I would have thought to include a comparison to other fertilizers! NICE!!

I really think that was a selling point here.

Dropping in extremely late in the game. I've been trading my bunny berries for goodies. So far I've gotten fresh eggs, a fresh from the oven saskatoon berry pie, homegrown honey, and the very best of all, the possibility of a place to rent where I can put down ROOTS! (both literal and figurative)

The friend I'm trading with has made an offer on another property and offered me first dibs on their current place.

I could have everything in one spot :fainting: I could have a garden :dig-hole: :feed-plant: I COULD HAVE MORE BUNNEHS! :rabbit-hop1: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop3:

My commute would be a little rough in the winter but for no neighbours within a quarter mile and no hassles about my animals I can deal.

3mina":anmmb3bz said:
Dropping in extremely late in the game. I've been trading my bunny berries for goodies. So far I've gotten fresh eggs, a fresh from the oven saskatoon berry pie, homegrown honey, and the very best of all, the possibility of a place to rent where I can put down ROOTS! (both literal and figurative)

The friend I'm trading with has made an offer on another property and offered me first dibs on their current place.

I could have everything in one spot :fainting: I could have a garden :dig-hole: :feed-plant: I COULD HAVE MORE BUNNEHS! :rabbit-hop1: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop3:

My commute would be a little rough in the winter but for no neighbours within a quarter mile and no hassles about my animals I can deal.

We should all be so lucky! Hope it all works out for you.

Ramjet":5rv1lsx3 said:
We should all be so lucky! Hope it all works out for you.

Situations like this are why I seldom buy lottery tickets, my luck works best on this sort of stuff and that's the way I like it.

The friend I've been trading with is a very determined lady and almost always finds a way to get the things she really wants so I'm fairly confident about this. She's also one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure meeting.

Stephanie":gibbl00j said:
I'm curious... what is the feed to berry ratio? How many bags of feed are fed to produce 1 bag of berries?

Everything I've found on it suggests a 50 lb bag of feed produces a 50 lb bag of berries. Or at least close enough to it that most folks who sell, consider it in their feed costs (For eg. 50 lb bag of feed = $15 50 lb bag of manure = $6 sooooo 50 lb bag of feed really costs $9 as all materials are recycled :mrgreen:)

I'm guessing its actually a bit less poo than 50#. If 50# of food produced 50# of poo, the rabbit wouldn't gain any weight or absorb any nutrients.

Stephanie":2n00luca said:
I'm curious... what is the feed to berry ratio? How many bags of feed are fed to produce 1 bag of berries?

i have no idea, lol, and no real way to tell, as I have many rabbits and never actually weigh the poop.

So back to the content question......we have our buns in cages with pans, not wire bottom. We're using a combination of shavings and compressed pellets. So unless we very infrequently cleaned cages, there's a pretty large percentage of shavings/pellets/hay bits to berry ratio. Not sure if that's a saleable quality or not?

Tiny Buns":2smnxknv said:
So back to the content question......we have our buns in cages with pans, not wire bottom. We're using a combination of shavings and compressed pellets. So unless we very infrequently cleaned cages, there's a pretty large percentage of shavings/pellets/hay bits to berry ratio. Not sure if that's a saleable quality or not?

Most people don't want bunny berries with other things in it .... rabbit droppings don't have to be composted before putting them on plants , all that other stuff will take time to decompose ....

Since you have pans , it shouldn't be all that difficult to devise a way to sift those "contaminants" out.

Back