New Flemish

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jannette

Reaction score
New Flemish boy, 7 weeks old. AND because my husband is so original with names, named Buck. LOL First rabbit i've ever owned who didn't want to eat pellets (same pellets as the breeder and FROM the breeder- no change in them at all lol) he prefers the hay and greens.

Making fast friends with my dog as well. LOL the dog isn't quiet sure what to make of the "cat that walks really oddly" but he just lays there and lets the newbie investigate him even shared his spot on the couch with him last night without issue. (guess i should note i did use to train animals for a living am a groomer and went through college to be a vet tech, likely helps a lot since he is socialized with everything from horses to snakes. LOL)

Attachments

• iphone may 2 photo dump 2015-05-02 033 (862x1024).jpg
    iphone may 2 photo dump 2015-05-02 033 (862x1024).jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 1,767
I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!! :p :lol:

He looks like he's got tons of personality, the way he's sitting on the smallest dime he could find and looking at you sidelong. :lol:

He's gorgeous, too... love the color. :)

Miss M":mrlnim2u said:
I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!! :p :lol:

He looks like he's got tons of personality, the way he's sitting on the smallest dime he could find and looking at you sidelong. :lol:

He's gorgeous, too... love the color. :)

OHHH yea on the personality, lol i've never had a rabbit seem to settle in so quickly before. had him since friday morning you would swear he's been here his whole life, our kid can be running around playing and he doesn't even flinch when there is a REALLY loud (my kid is 2 lol) noise. he has no qualms with running up to the dog and checking him out (luckily my dog is good at just laying there if i tell him to) the dog just wants to lick him when he is out, they were chasing each other last night if my phone battery hadn't of died i would have posted that, binky down the hall after the dog binky with the dog on his tail back... LOL because his cage is massive i sit in it first thing he does is jump up in my lap, started that on friday within a few hours of coming home (opened the carrier and sat there for a minute moving his food closer he popped out and right up on me LOL., he has had no issue with falling asleep on top of me either from the get go either.

My mother in law isnt a fan of rabbits and even thinks he is pretty great "never met one acted like that before" lol. she at one point raised rabbits for meat too so has met a LOT of them haha. Unfortunetly my husband (who is the reason we havea rabbit) hasnt got to meet him yet! we live in iowa and he is working on the road in texas until july-ish, will hopefully be home in june for a visit and get to meet him. leaves me plenty of time to finish rabbit proofing the rest of the house(i swear with a toddler with is an impossible task LOL) so he can let him out to play in the main areas of the house.

This is how relaxed he was with me in the cage within 7 hours of coming home on friday! lol

Attachments

• iphone may 2 photo dump 2015-05-01 023 (769x1024).jpg
    iphone may 2 photo dump 2015-05-01 023 (769x1024).jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 1,751
VERY handsome little guy.

And he was taking that pic for the future gals, you know. "Hey baby, how YOU doin'?"

Finally got him to munch some pellets tonight in the oddest way ever... I tossed a couple in the dogs bowl so he saw the dog eat them and then threw his front paws in his own bowl and ate a bunch of them lol

Jannette":9kbglvrh said:
Finally got him to munch some pellets tonight in the oddest way ever... I tossed a couple in the dogs bowl so he saw the dog eat them and then threw his front paws in his own bowl and ate a bunch of them lol

That is too funny but I have a storey along the same lines.

Years ago (like 38), my dad purchased a young stallion. This stallion came from West Texas and had been watered all his life out of a water tank. Dad put him in a large padlock that had a live stream running through it for water. Dad noticed after a day or two that the stallion looked really gaunt. He ran the horse down into the water and once he actually got in the water he drank and drank.

Silly horse thought he could only get water from a tank.

Dad kept that Stallion all his life. He finally had to have him put down because of health issues when he was 24 yrs old. I remember riding him bareback with 2 of my friends (three of us at once). He was a good one. My dun roan horse is his grandson.

What a cutie pie, love the colour!
I have a few little does here the same age who would think he looks mighty fine ;)

I grew up only knowing meat rabbits (and having tried to make pets of them so many times!) and the Flemish personality has just blown me away!
So docile and easy going!

Latest posts

Back