Double storey cage - won't go up top

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbgb1912

Reaction score
So I've just spent $250 on an indoor two storey cage to bring mumma bunny inside for when the cooler weather hits. However, she doesn't want to go up the top. She's used to a ramp in her old cage, but I'm thinking maybe because the old ramp was a sandpaper/grainy texture, maybe she can't make it up this new wooden ramp as her feet slip? Or, is the hole too small for her to get into? Or too steep? Any ideas guys? She's due again next week, and her nest box is up the top as that's where it fits best..
The pet store advertised it as a rabbit cage..

Taken some photos to show

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 865
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 865
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 865
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 865
Put her on the second level.
You might also see if you can get a piece of old carpet (not the deep kind) to put on the ramp. It looks like she could be afraid of it being so steep and slick

I would say the hole size and ramp length/position is not to her liking. You may have to teach her to go up it. Same as we do puppies on the stairs. Start with her at the very top with just her head through the hole and gently encourage her or lure her with food to go through the hole. When she will hop off through the hole put her farther down the ramp and then start her at the top pointing down and just keep increasing the distance until she understands up and down through the hole.

Update from me: I made the hole a little bigger, and cut more notches into the ramp so her feet can grip easier. But I think gullible me over here, mumma bun was trying to avoid all attention to her nest upstairs. My doe kindled today, hooray. She's been fooling me this whole time XD

Tbgb1912":1uft5blj said:
Update from me: I made the hole a little bigger, and cut more notches into the ramp so her feet can grip easier. But I think gullible me over here, mumma bun was trying to avoid all attention to her nest upstairs. My doe kindled today, hooray. She's been fooling me this whole time XD

I guess she used the right spot and everything? Congrats! Hoping for healthy kits. :)

Susie570":t89we1kq said:
Tbgb1912":t89we1kq said:

I guess she used the right spot and everything? Congrats! Hoping for healthy kits. :)

She sure did :)

alforddm":3q1w3vp8 said:
Sneaky girl! That is too funny.

Congratulations!

Anything to deceive me :lol: she had me off her trail there for a bit too. I was doubtful she was pregnant XD

Latest posts

Back