Which doe to keep? Mini Lops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhWRabbitry

Reaction score
Would love to hear feedback from anyone but especially from those that have experience showing or judging Mini Lops.
Though we've been raising them a bit we are new to show rabbits.
I want to keep one of these 3 does to possibly show, but definitely to breed in the future.
Please keep in mind I am not experienced posing rabbits, let alone 5 week old ones that don't want to hold still. I'm learning as I go. I did what I could. The third one was not cooperative so the picture isn't great.
First shot of each is just to show face/head.

1)
Broken%2BChestnut%2B5%2Bweeks%2Bladder.jpg

whJuniper side.jpg

whJuniper top.jpg

2)
whRosemary head.jpg

whRosemary top.jpg

3)
Broken%2BSteel%2BFace%2B5%2Bweeks.jpg

whWillow top.jpg

Thanks for any feedback!!!

LopLover":1w46iln7 said:
The solid seems to have the best shoulder. Was the first one fighting you while posing?

The solid chestnut is the one we've been leaning towards. I wanted to see if others leaned towards that one too. I agree that it has better shoulders - assuming this means they are not as narrow correct?
I took a new picture of the broken today, as yes it was resisting me yesterday, but it did the same today. Probably no point in adding a new photo.
It seems to me that the solid has a better overall roundness (do you agree?) where the others have more tear drop shape. It also has a bigger face/head in comparison to the others (like her Daddy).
A bonus too is she seems to have her Dad's laidback personality. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:26 am __________ <br /><br /> *** on another note, any thoughts on this chestnut buckling?
Am I posing them at all right?

(sorry for the shadow)
whHickory top.jpg

whHickory side.jpg

Based upon the pictures, I would choose the 2nd or 3rd doe. If you work with them daily, they will adjust to being posed and it will be easier to see what traits they have. :)

AprilW":d7omefp0 said:
Based upon the pictures, I would choose the 2nd or 3rd doe. If you work with them daily, they will adjust to being posed and it will be easier to see what traits they have. :)
Thank you AprilW! I appreciate your feedback! I definitely am going to start working with them! This made me realize how important that is.
Thanks again!

Back