Doe passed out after re breeding

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncrabbit

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I attempted to re breed my Californian after 4 weeks. I have successfully bred her in the past after four weeks but this this is the first time I have seen any female pass out after breeding. When the buck rolled off her she rolled too and stiffend up. Her eye glassed over and she stayed prone for about 10 seconds as I was removing the buck.

Whoa... sounds more like maybe a seizure than passing out... with the stiffening up and all? :(

Welcome to RabbitTalk, Ncrabbit! You'll be getting more thoughts on what happened very soon.

I haven't seen it in rabbits. All rodents can go in to seizures when stressed. They just sit stiff for a few seconds to minutes. In severe cases they might squeak. I've had gerbils, hamsters, and chinchillas do it. Most commonly when an introduction goes wrong and they get too stimulated by the interaction. It could happen in rabbits but usually I see them just bolt out of the situation and bang themselves up or cram under something and start screaming.

Ncrabbit":2nqkegne said:
He did have that swagger going on afterwards... ;) just kidding. Happy 420.

:mrgreen: <br /><br /> -- Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:16 pm -- <br /><br /> Kind of reminds me of the 'fainting goats'... maybe you have a ' fainting rabbit'?

Latest posts

Back