Pooping where they sleep

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccdbj

Reaction score
I have two new bunnies, I built a nice little hutch for these bunnies. But they choose to poop and pee inside where they sleep instead of outside where the wire is any suggestions of how to stop this? Thanks

First thing would be to remove the 'sleeping area' until they establish what corner they want to use as a potty area, then put a litter box in that spot for them (with some rabbit safe litter, you only need a little) and put their 'bed' in another corner.

Rabbits are quite comfortable with poop. My rabbits when out of the cage some times go under the cage and dig in the pile of poop. I would build hutches with all wire floor including the hide away sleeping area.

Rabbits also poop when they eat so if you've put hay in the house they will naturally defecate in there.

I agree that you should remove or temporarily seal off the house and give them a litter box and place their hay rack over it so they get use to pooping in that area, then re-open the house and hopefully they will keep using the litterbox

Back