odd behavior

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

II Arrows

Reaction score
The day before Easter my cali mix mutt doe Elsa kindled a litter of 3. I figured her feed intake would ramp up a little but it has been the complete opposite. I put old fashioned oats and boss sunflower seeds mixed into her normal feed which is manna pro select series. She hasn't ate much of anything in the past few days. She still is drinking her water. I have free choice hay available for her to eat at all times. Today my wife noticed her licking her pee off of the wooden floor. From what I read and understand is that she is lacking minirals / nutrients. I have a mineral and salt spool in her hutch as well. She is feeding her kits well and is so far been a good mama. She ate some Khale today. I'm a little concerned that she's not eating properly. It's been in the upper 70s and low 80s during the day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like you're doing everything you can..is there a breeze or some air movement? I have been using a fan when it gets over 80. I presume she has shade as well..so just keep on doing what you are..she will eat when she is hungry..

Latest posts

Back