• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Anybunny want one?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
I have 2 babies left! Mini Rex. I'd be willing to try to talk my dad (well I sort of already have been) into going to the Stockton, CA show May 2... I'd bring them there!!! Black otter doe, REW Buck

[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Btw I'm not rehoming them now, I am taking deposits though. Born 3/5/2015

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 2,700
Isn't she adorable? I moved them out to the colony (they're in a tiny pen with a bigger cage over it so they can't escape. They learned how to jump over it. It's only about 4-6in tall lol) and every time I go out there, they all come up to me to say hi :roll:

If I was closer, she sure is stinking cute! But alas I have to decline. Bunny math has gotten me and I need to get more cage wire to make more cages :oops: so I have enough growout space for the unexpected litters. I only planned on 1 litter being born at the end of April.... I just had 3 does give me kits in as many days....

UGH!!! I needsessss it!!!! that little doe would help me out so much for my project! to bad we don't live closer!

I don't! I don't attend shows very often since I live so far away from most of them.

oh ok... I might end up growing her out, and seeing whether or not I'm going to keep her. I'm noticing that she has a bit of a gold stripe that's coming across her nose. I want to see if it will go away, or just get worse. She's adorable, but I want to show her and I dont think that she'd be showable with that stripe

Attachments

• IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,625
most kits out grow that. I've had many dutch marked kits that had something similar and they all lost it once the big-bunny coat comes in.

Oh ok. I'll wait until she's 6 weeks or so and decide by her type and see whether or not she's show quality or not. It's funny, though, that the chocolate otters have never gotten it. Only the black otter.

Also, if I want to get lilac otter, how many generations would I have to breed Thumper to in order to get it? I think there's only one or two in his per and they're pretty far down the line.... I think either great grand, or great great grand.... I have to double check tomorrow <br /><br /> __________ Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:31 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here are updated pictures of the babies left, as they are now 4 weeks old

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 2,591
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 2,591
Bandits Bunny Farm":2kgufyra said:
Also, if I want to get lilac otter, how many generations would I have to breed Thumper to in order to get it? I think there's only one or two in his per and they're pretty far down the line.... I think either great grand, or great great grand.... I have to double check tomorrow
Does Thumper carry the dilute gene? If he only has dilutes (lilac or blue based colors) pretty far back in his pedigree, the odds aren't great that he has it. If you have a dilute colored rabbit, you could breed it to a dilute carrying chocolate rabbit and get lilac. If you don't have a dilute carrying chocolate, you could breed your non-dilute carrying chocolate to a dilute rabbit, keep a chocolate kit to breed back to your dilute, and then get lilacs.
Hope this was helpful!

He is a blue otter.

He has 2 lilac otter G.G. Grandparents, but he has 11 blue otters, 2 black otters, 1 broken blue otter, 3 chocolate otter, 3 broken black otter, 2 white, 2 broken blue, 2 broken black, and 1 black in his ped. If I bred a chocolate otter doe sired by him back to him, would I get lilac otter?

Bandits Bunny Farm":21nvmiqf said:
He is a blue otter.

He has 2 lilac otter G.G. Grandparents, but he has 11 blue otters, 2 black otters, 1 broken blue otter, 3 chocolate otter, 3 broken black otter, 2 white, 2 broken blue, 2 broken black, and 1 black in his ped. If I bred a chocolate otter doe sired by him back to him, would I get lilac otter?
Yup!

Back