1000 year old eye potion

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
They are experimenting with an ancient eye potion recipe and so far it's killed a very high percentage of antibiotic resistant bacteria. Exact instructions for the antiseptic mix are at the bottom of this article. Apparently the storage time is very important or it does not have the same effect.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nott ... e-32117815

I think herbals might start getting a lot more research as antibiotics and antiseptics continue to fail. It seems like many of our herbals are a handful of individual items handed down verbally until the internet. Actual recipes of combining such things and a way to measure it all might be far more effective than isolating a specific ingredient.

Thanks for the information. Old time remedies are making a come back. First it was a miracle, then it was crackpot medicine, and now it maybe our saving grace. :p :lol: :lol: Personally I love old remedies, and natural cures.

cooking garlic down in olive oil will make an ear drop that will kill most ear infections, It seems logical to assume allium sp would also kill eye infections if properly prepared, But Bovine salts, ? interesting... I suppose it must be fresh gallbladder extract

I don't know if it says in that article or another place I was also reading about it but they used fresh bile. I'm not sure if they modified it to be more pure or dry but they started with getting fresh cow bile.

akane":32upkcsu said:
I don't know if it says in that article or another place I was also reading about it but they used fresh bile. I'm not sure if they modified it to be more pure or dry but they started with getting fresh cow bile.

Somehow, I can't picture cows being very cooperative in that process... :x

Yes, I thought this was very interesting, as well. I think the 9-day rest may be required because the mixture is supposed to be in a brass container. According to one of the articles I read, copper was one of the important factors in the mixture, and I'm figuring that came from the brass. The 9 days is probably to allow enough copper to leach into the mixture. Educated guess, but there it is. Brass back then, I hear, was much higher in copper content than it is now, as well.

Hmm... what if you just dropped a penny in? Although pennies are not high copper these days anyway. You can dissolve the zinc out of a penny with something like hydrochloric acid so it gives you just copper.

akane":2brarqio said:
Hmm... what if you just dropped a penny in? Although pennies are not high copper these days anyway. You can dissolve the zinc out of a penny with something like hydrochloric acid so it gives you just copper.

Or maybe just a piece of copper wire?

michaels4gardens":2axaxezb said:
Galadriel":2axaxezb said:
That is so cool! Makes ya wonder, how much did they really know way back then? :p

under our feet are the remains of at least 2 and maybe more- civilizations who were much more advanced then we are--
it makes me wonder also
This is why my favorite school subject is history... because it's like a big novel that really happened, and you can just keep digging and digging and finding all this cool stuff that still works today! :)

Galadriel":ymyl56so said:
michaels4gardens":ymyl56so said:
Galadriel":ymyl56so said:
That is so cool! Makes ya wonder, how much did they really know way back then? :p

under our feet are the remains of at least 2 and maybe more- civilizations who were much more advanced then we are--
it makes me wonder also
This is why my favorite school subject is history... because it's like a big novel that really happened, and you can just keep digging and digging and finding all this cool stuff that still works today! :)

I read that near Egypt they found jars [probly medicine jars] with a small mouth opening [about the size of a #2 pencil ] with a interior measurement of 3 inches or so, made from Blue Dyorite [probly spelled wrong] but it is a rock almost as hard as diamond, and it is hard to drill through it with a diamond bit, -- any-way we lack the technology to cut a object like this even today, especially with a small opening like those had.-- but , -it was finally decided that the jar was probably made on a potters wheel with a cultured stone "potters clay" that turned into blue diorite when fired, -- we still do not know how they made it...-- or how they moved huge stones cut from a quarry, with perfect bottom corner angles for miles, that would fit together perfectly when assembled.

I didn't know about those! It's things like that -- the little details -- that I love. Like the ancient galleys that we don't have the technology to properly reproduce -- I think they were from around the time of the Battle of Thermopylae (Last Stand of the 300). And about those huge stones; Dad found a video of a guy who's building a scale model of Stonehenge with huge rocks that weigh tons, but he's building it by himself with no help using only some wood and small rocks and rope to move them!

I think I found it!

https://youtu.be/uYQBDhkBfr0

michaels4gardens":26euqmkq said:
cooking garlic down in olive oil will make an ear drop that will kill most ear infections, It seems logical to assume allium sp would also kill eye infections if properly prepared, But Bovine salts, ? interesting... I suppose it must be fresh gallbladder extract

My husband just had his gallbladder removed yesterday. Funny world. Thanks for the tip.

Back