DIY Feeders and Waterers - SUPER cheap and easy to make.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made some almost like that a couple weeks ago! But I cut of the top just leaving a little dish. I wish I would have seen this thread before I made the other watering dishes!

I love this idea...I have 3 of my California Whites that are constantly tearing out the screen mesh at the bottom of my commercial j feeders...it has been very frustrating....I will try this..thanks...Greg

Great pics and guide! I really want to try this. Must find heavy duty gloves, lest I end up with more stitches!

What a great thrifty project. I hope to start breeding our rabbits soon and was contemplating how to save some money with supplies. I don't mind supporting our local TSC but really enjoy making things with what we already have. Great tips.

Definitely going to do this. I need more pans and I'm a little short of cash so this will work perfectly.

I like the waterers, -- I used to use the old french design that repurpose a wine bottle and sardine can, so the bottle fits outside the cage, it works similarly-- but as for feeders it is hard to beat my $6 Bass Supply feed savers.

hello

might I borrow your pictures (with accreditation if you would like) and put them on the blog with your description of how to make them?

I find the idea very intriguing and would like to share it with others who are very leery of joining a rabbit board. :)

I need a little help on my waterers! I see the holes around the lid for the drainage, but where do you put the air hole? Thanks!!

Sagebrush":2id93nc7 said:
The holes for the drainage are also the air holes. That is, when the water level drops below those holes air goes in and water comes out.
But where do you put the air hole at? On the bottom of the bottle?

The holes that are around the cap of the bottle act as both air holes and water holes. When the water level drops below the opening of the holes, water is released until a vacuum is once again in place.

Latest posts

Back