a chicken that thinks its a rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmfarm

Reaction score
So earlier this week I took the nest box out of one of my cages and put it on top of the cage. Well this morning I went to check on the buns and who do I see peering down at me from the nest box; it's one of my white rock chickens. When she gets out I will have to see how many eggs are in there.
IMG_20150306_075139.jpg

I think this may fall along the lines of "a rabbit cage is for rabbits" You might not want to let MamaSheepdog see this. :lol: :lol:

Please let us know how many eggs you find!

alforddm":33hkl8rp said:
I think this may fall along the lines of "a rabbit cage is for rabbits" You might not want to let MamaSheepdog see this. :lol: :lol:

I bet you all thought I had missed this, and were "safe" now, didn'tcha?!? Hmmmm?

Well, not to worry. This was obviously not a willful misuse of rabbitry equipment, merely an opportunistic takeover by another resident of the farm. CM therefore gets a "pass" this time. :yes:

Besides... who am I to call the kettle black?

IMG_8256.JPG

Aw, the long haired calico kitty is so cute. After I moved the nesting box on to the next rabbit cage the chickens started laying in a bag of wood shavings.

curelom":6dpan5ij said:
I gotta say... those cats look quite comfortable. :lol:

They do, don't they? So much for the "abused and neglected barn cat myth", eh?

cmfarm":6dpan5ij said:
Aw, the long haired calico kitty is so cute.

She is purty, isn't she? :p

cmfarm":6dpan5ij said:
After I moved the nesting box on to the next rabbit cage the chickens started laying in a bag of wood shavings.

So, how many eggs were in it?

Funny that they abandoned it when you moved it.

Marinea":6dpan5ij said:
But MSD...those are KIT(tens)...they belong there!

Lol! Those KIT(tens) are soon to have babies of their own! Not visibly prego yet, but it wont be long.

I actually had a litter of kittens born and raised in a rabbit nestbox on the top of the cages in the bunny barn. :oops:

They must of just started laying in there because there was just one egg from that hen. After that it has been used pretty much all the time for the rabbits.

Bandits Bunny Farm":3li1v3gm said:
MSD, is that a Blue Otter Mini/Rex photobomb I see underneath your pretty kitties??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You got it partly right- blue otter Rex. Junior buck. :)

Ah. I wasn't sure if it was Mini or Standard... That's why I said Mini/Rex.... I have a Blue Otter Mini. He's my herd sire. He's given me cute kits :D for instance, the 3 1/2 week old litter I currently have

MamaSheepdog":2zz4ad3v said:
They are a very pretty color, aren't they?

Yes, yes they are. I have yet to have one show up in a litter that actually survives. But the next litter, I'm hoping to keep a doe to show, and breed back to her daddy, and there's a good chance that I'll wind up with blue and lilac otter. I want all 4 in one litter.... I'm going to have to work on that. <br /><br /> __________ Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:35 pm __________ <br /><br /> I have come up with a new goal that I want to breed and keep a doe of each otter color before I retire my only "working" doe....

Back