Monsanto Rep refuses to drink Roundup

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baefull.wolfbunnies

Reaction score
Ok, I know that most of us are conscious on what we put on our yards because of the fact that most of us have our rabbits outside. However for those of us that are lucky enough to have our buns inside I wanted to share this article/video with you. I stopped using roundup after I started having more breathing troubles then normal asthma, since I stopped using it several other issues (other then the breathing) have stopped. His actions more then his words convince me to be even more cautious then ever.

http://theantimedia.org/lobbyist-claims ... -to-drink/

To me, his "I'm not stupid" comment is negated by the fact that he lobbies for Monsanto.

Sorry, this is a hot button issue for me. I'll go sit in a corner now.

Marinea":1e28qzk8 said:
To me, his "I'm not stupid" comment is negated by the fact that he lobbies for Monsanto.

Sorry, this is a hot button issue for me. I'll go sit in a corner now.

:lol:
*pats floor next to me* Come join me. I have a bean bag and coffee. Monsanto is a hot button for me as well, sadly most of my family doesn't agree with me. Although they no longer garden ...

It because he knows the truth :angry:

Roundup was found in this experiment to be 125 times more toxic than glyphosate. Moreover, despite its reputation, Roundup was by far the most toxic among the herbicides and insecticides tested. This inconsistency between scientific fact and industrial claim may be attributed to huge economic interests, which have been found to falsify health risk assessments and delay health policy decisions
From - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 179691.pdf

:yeahthat: I totally agree Dood. This came across my facebook in my heirloom seed group and I found it hilarious, the rep calling the host a jerk. I think the rep is a jerk just for working for monsanto. :? ... I wonder if monsanto has an "Incentives Program" similar to Cybertek *cough* Hydra *cough* :lol: I'm too much of a nerd for my own good.

Combine that with an equally scary thought- Monsanto probably owns or controls over 50% of the seed companies providing seeds around the world. And they are still buying them.

Right! At this rate they will have a "monopoly" on seeds (if they don't already), add to that they fact that they have fistful's in other pies. Research companies, Makeup companies, Livestock Companies, it all starts to come together as one big scary picture.

http://www.cornucopia.org/wp-content/up ... y.sm_1.png <-- This is just the seed companies "acquired" by them. It's scary how far they have gotten.

I have been trying to educate my family about corn for years. It falls on mostly deaf ears. I won't even touch corn anymore.... which is sad because I used to love it.

When my sister got her chemical engineering degree she wanted to stay in the area but she didn't want to work for monsanto. She's down in hannibal MO working with food ingredients instead. One thing round up is useful for is very stubborn, toxic trees you want to kill. Get a bottle of the undiluted stuff and inject it into the base of the tree. It will die and never grow back after you cut it. That's the only time we've ever used it. Stupid spiked honey locust trees with spines that go through your shoes and toxic seed pods all over my horse pasture.

akane":3djf0erd said:
One thing round up is useful for is very stubborn, toxic trees you want to kill. Get a bottle of the undiluted stuff and inject it into the base of the tree. It will die and never grow back after you cut it.

Thats what my grandmother and uncle did to grandma's back hill. It was totally overrun with blackberries, they did that and within a month the blackberries were no more and us kids had about double the space to play in.

Back