BALD EAGLE spotted

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
It is a very hungry time for some of our local raptors--I spotted a Bald Eagle :D over my neighbor's property- a location where I have not seen one before. AS a "just in case" measure, I am planning on taking a couple dead rabbits I have and putting them up on the crude oil storage tank near the front of my brother's property. The tank top will then become a "hacking board"-- a place for raptors to find food that people put out for them. That way, I can feed the eagle, yet help keep 'coons, fox, and 'yotes at bay. Now, the big trick for me will be climbing the ladder/steps high enough to toss those carcasses up there...and then getting back down safely. ;)

They're something to see, aren't they? I remember spotting one at our old place - we had no idea that there were Bald Eagles in southern Ontario!

I've seen a juvenile around here a few times - I have poultry so I really don't want to encourage them!

Back