Satin pelts

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
I'm raising Satin rabbits, and I'm going to have a bunch of pelts (mostly as a byproduct of meat). I've done some genetics research, and I think they will be mostly black and brown. Does anyone have any idea what Satin pelts go for?

That is going to depend on the market in your area..also the size and condition as well as the type of tanning...lots of factors..

I don't know what the market is like, and the kits aren't even born yet, so I have no idea what the size/condition will be like :) . Does anyone have any examples of what they're selling pelts for? Even if they aren't satin pelts.

Daaang.. if you really want to take it in, looks like you need to get some porcupine!

Quills:#1 quality, no underfur included, $6/oz
WANTED: Quills dyed red, yellow, or gold, $8/oz. Can be dyed using Ritz Dye.

:shock:

Syberchick70":34d0v7b7 said:
Daaang.. if you really want to take it in, looks like you need to get some porcupine!

Quills:#1 quality, no underfur included, $6/oz
WANTED: Quills dyed red, yellow, or gold, $8/oz. Can be dyed using Ritz Dye.

:shock:

Before the Europeans came to North America the indigenous people dyed quills and used them to create beautiful works of art. After the Europeans arrived, bead work became popular.

Check out some of this lovely quill work:

http://www.native-languages.org/quillwork.htm

Dood":i29py9vo said:
Good idea :) Alforddm
I found this site that buys raw pelts - http://www.furbuyer.com

Found this site a few months ago. :p It's a very interesting site, and was one of the reasons why I decided to go into rabbits. I wanted the meat, but also didn't want anything going to waste. At this point I have a use for feet, skulls, ears, fur, inner-eds, bunny berries, and meat. :p If I left anything out let me know? :lol:

Latest posts

Back