Is her behavior a sign of pregnancy?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
My doe is naturally shy and a bit aggressive but she never growls or grunts or tries to attack me. Over the past few days she has been acting well not herself. She has not been put in with a buck but does have a buck directly beside her they have about 1/2"by1/2" wire separating them I did not know they could get through the wire to breed but apparently some people have had it happen. I need help and advice. Has anyone had this happen to them? Is it possible she is pregnant? If it helps any about a week ago or maybe less I heard them outside and it sounded like they were stomping around being rather loud. It was at night and dark and cold so I didn't go out to check them until in the morning cause I thought somebody might have been messing with them

I do know that some members have had breedings through the wire, and it is certainly possible yours did that. The stomping may have been the buck bragging about it. :)

I'd definitely put a nest box in with the doe in at most three weeks. <br /><br /> -- Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:22 pm -- <br /><br /> If this is Buttons from this other thread post260199.html#p260199 , I'd probably just go ahead and put a box in with her, making sure it's not in her pee corner, and checking frequently for fouling of the nest. If you can put a solid divider between her and the buck next to her, you can write today down as the latest possible breed date, so you will know when to remove the box if no litter ever arrives. :)

Miss M":ww46vldb said:
If this is Buttons from this other thread post260199.html#p260199 , I'd probably just go ahead and put a box in with her, making sure it's not in her pee corner, and checking frequently for fouling of the nest. If you can put a solid divider between her and the buck next to her, you can write today down as the latest possible breed date, so you will know when to remove the box if no litter ever arrives. :)

:yeahthat:

she could just be moody. I have a NZ mutt that get's that way when wanting to be bred. She'll growl and snarl at me until I stick her with a buck then she's happy. Rabbits are funny that way, I have a down that doesn't want me to touch her while once she had kits it's a total turn around like "pet me human! I demand it!" then I have another doe that is okay while she don't have kits but once she dose it's like a little devil is let loose!

try putting her with a buck as see what she dose!

Miss M":vn3obqw6 said:
If this is Buttons from this other thread post260199.html#p260199 , I'd probably just go ahead and put a box in with her, making sure it's not in her pee corner, and checking frequently for fouling of the nest. If you can put a solid divider between her and the buck next to her, you can write today down as the latest possible breed date, so you will know when to remove the box if no litter ever arrives. :)

I agree with Miss M. Putting a solid divider between the buck and the doe will let you know when, at the latest, to expect her to kindle if she is pregnant. :)

Also, if your doe is pregnant, putting a divider between her and the buck will keep them from breeding right after she kindles (so that you don't end up with another "oops" litter), and if she's not pregnant at this point, it would keep her from getting pregnant.

Whether she's pregnant or not, I wish you luck! :)

I wouldn't put her in with the buck if you d not want kits. Celice probably assumed you wanted her to be pregnant.

Checking to see if she's receptive isn't really that helpful, since they have been known to lift for bucks even if already bred.

ButtonsPalace":1n9wau71 said:
Well I would gladly put her with a buck but I don't need her pregnant

Ah, okay. so you don't want her pregnant! my rabbit all seem to have the same MO when checking to make sure they are pregnant or not - they squeak and squeal at the buck if not ready or are already expecting.

Well, you can put a nest box with her and see what happens. To me it sounds like she want's to be pregnant but I don't know your rabbit soooo...yep, give it a shot!

Latest posts

Back