Irritable Doe=Sick doe?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
My Doe Buttons, has been acting very irrationally irritable lately... She is very shy though so usually she would go back into her box and chill while I gave her food and did my thing but over the past few days she has been eating her entire bowl full of food *they have glass bowls and normally will not eat all of their food in one day* and when I go to get her bowl she grunts at me and then lunges towards me claws, The last time she acted like this was when she was pregnant last year BUT she has not been bred as far as I know shouldn't have been bred anyway we don't have the space for kits right now. Help me please

My first thought was... is she pregnant? Check with your siblings or any other child or grown up for that matter. See if any one had a"play date" A few here have had does breed through the wire also...OR she may want to be bred... :?:

Want to be bred?? and the wire between them is like a chicken wire rather small holes but there is a grown buck beside her my siblings are to young and are afraid of her... If I could find someone to buy 10+ babies for food etc. I would LOVE to breed her like absolutely LOVE too but I don't have anyone that I know would buy American Chinchilla babies or for that matter buy American Chinchilla*Holland Lop kits

I would assume she is pregnant. Especially since the holes are so big between the cages. On wire cages, non-baby saver wire is 1"x1/2" I believe. And the bucks can breed through that. I would go ahead and give her a nest box now because she seems to be showing signs of late pregnancy. Good luck! :)

Well that's lovely I will check her tomorrow and see if I can feel anything. I have felt her when she was and was not pregnant so I know what to feel for. I really hope she isn't I don't want her bred to him again if I am going to bred her it will be to my Holland buck

It sounds like she may be bred. I'm surprised that they haven't already ripped through the chicken wire to breed. Mine would.

I think Sagebrush on here has actually observed her rabbits breeding through wire.

I'd say the wire was about 1/2"x1/2" that sounds right. But how can they breed I've always heard the buck HAS to mount the doe

Not necessarily. If they are determined enough, they will breed through the wire.

Back