The Haystache thread!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Syberchick70":1ntaoxeb said:
WhWRabbitry":1ntaoxeb said:
This gal is due Friday. I put the nest box in this morning and she got right to work!
She is an older doe but new to us. We are excited. :)

She seems very serious about her nest!! :D Great pictures!

She sure was. Thanks! Syberchick70! :)

Looks like babies will be here soon! :p

089_zps8znhwj3q.jpg

Thanks guys! Nothing yet this morning, but she is INSISTENT on building her nest on the cage floor this time, for whatever reason. :roll:

I MUST HAVE YOUR RED BUNNY! :fainting:

Seriously, beautiful bun you have! :) I hope she puts lots of copies of herself in the nestbox for you!

Pretty girl!

__________ Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:32 am __________

Just noticed that River is haystaching... :x

I gave her a covered litterbox and she seemed to love it. She digs around in there and has, almost exclusively, used her litterbox instead of going all over her condo since I put it in.

Today, I noticed it has a bunch of hay in it and what appears to be a nice little nest in the back.
I palpated her, didn't feel anything... maybe she just likes to build nests. There are only two ways she could have possibly been bred again. Either Scarlett (or her son) got to her through the wire during floor time, which they don't have very often, OR her son got her at about 8wks, when I noticed his testicles had already dropped and I stop allowing him to run around with momma in the floor. Seems unlikely though. :/

Well, I guess a new watch is on. Most likely is that it's a false pregnancy (she's just hopeful) or she just enjoys building nests. :?

__________ Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:06 am __________

Which leads me to another question... why don't people use covered litter boxes for nest boxes? Too large? <br /><br /> __________ Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:51 pm __________ <br /><br /> Our goofy doe who thinks she's pregnant (extremely unlikely).
She's even pulling fur. She finished picking up all of the loose hay, stuffed it all in her covered litter box and is now sitting in there, looking satisfied with herself.

riverstache_1.gif

jeannie":1z64ogt4 said:
Syberchick: hope you get "surprise" bunnies!! She is so cute ~~ and busy, lol

Well... surprise bunnies would be... a little awkward right now.

I still haven't completely sold her last litter and they would be mixed breed rabbits while I hadn't planned to breed her again (didn't plan to breed her the first time). I hope she's just being goofy. Most likely thing is a false pregnancy, she's not even fat. I seem to remember her haystaching early with her litter, but I didn't pay much attention to it since I thought we had two girls.

Wait and see I guess :p

Aaaahhh!
Autumn's preparing for her first litter due in a day or two. :D

Attachments

• IMG_8846.jpg
    IMG_8846.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 3,440
  • IMG_8861.jpg
    IMG_8861.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 3,440
Syberchick70":bms0r9v0 said:
So cute!! Didn't know you were working on harlis! :D

In our pet quality line we use this Japanese Harlequin Mini Lop doe "Violet" bred to a lightly marked Tri Color "Thomas". They have the sweetest babies that make for great pets.
No kits yet today!

Aww, these are all so cute :D :D It's so funny to see the momma bunnies holding whole bales in their mouths. Good luck with the litters, everybunny :lol:

Back