Buck pulling his own hair

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
One of my red satin bucks insists upon periodically pulling his fur out around the inside of his hind legs. It stinks too, because he has some incredible type and would do well in showrooms because of it. He'll be a solid breeder, but I'd like to try and hang a couple of shows on him and see how he does.

Any suggestions? :?

satin bucks insists upon periodically pulling his fur out
around the inside of his hind legs.

Are you certain he has not gotten some type of Fur-mites?
Perhaps rubbing some Listerine mouthwash into the surrounding area
would cure it. That or a treatment or two of Ivermectine
Horse Wormer paste.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Collar wouldn't be a good idea, Jack. They need to be able to eat the cecotropes as they produce them.

Is the skin irritated, Ottersatin? Could it be a bit sore and itchy from urine, perhaps? If so, maybe rubbing some olive oil or something soothing like that would protect the skin long enough for the irritation to heal. Or perhaps the scent glands are clogged? Just ideas to consider...

I am having a similar issue...though different. My rabbits are eating the fur in the nest...What protien % do you feed? Mine right now is 16, nad I never had this problem when it was 18...

I have them on 16% protein feed, and all the rabbits besides him are doing fine on it.

Back