Is it a good ad?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I post on CL a lot as well as browse quite a bit. Here are some suggestions. Make it shorter and with not so many spaces. People will be looking through lots of adds and most won't bother to read something long.

:yeahthat: I do have an almost 5lb bunny in a 24x24, but I wish I could give him bigger. :) At least he has a wooden house that he adores.

cmfarm":24b1c6ct said:
I post on CL a lot as well as browse quite a bit. Here are some suggestions. Make it shorter and with not so many spaces. People will be looking through lots of adds and most won't bother to read something long.

I respectfully disagree. If I am buying, I much prefer an ad with lots of information and pictures as opposed to "Bunny rabbits for sale. I have lots." Maybe it's not true, but I tend to believe there is a correlation between the detail in the ad and the condition and care being given to the animals.

Marinea":3cwm8vjm said:
cmfarm":3cwm8vjm said:

I respectfully disagree. If I am buying, I much prefer an ad with lots of information and pictures as opposed to "Bunny rabbits for sale. I have lots." Maybe it's not true, but I tend to believe there is a correlation between the detail in the ad and the condition and care being given to the animals.

I also find the spaces add to the readability of your passage. They help the eye stay on track. Great ad!

Marinea":39ei2z8k said:
cmfarm":39ei2z8k said:

I do agree that adds that a very vague are very annoying, I just thought it might be a bit long and it might be good to shorten it. It isn't a bad add just might loose some peoples interest when they see a really long add.

I also tend to think that the folks who actually take the time to read a longer, more detailed ad (and then show they have read it when you talk to them by asking appropriate questions) are going to be better bunny parents than those who won't take the time to read it, just see a few pictures of 'cute bunnies' and make you repeat everything you took the time to already state in the ad. :p

Here is my thinking...if they don't have time to read a long ad, I really don't want to sell them a living creature that may take more time away from their busy lives. Perhaps it is that I prefer a longer ad myself. More information means I don't have to waste any of my time to call and find out what I need to know.

Remember back when you paid by the word in the local newspaper?

I read through your ad and wondered this .... what are the names of the other two in the litter? And why didn't you talk about them.

if you aren't selling them you should't mention them.
If you are selling them you should say "see my other ads" so that people can learn about the other two.

I also wondered if the $15 was just a deposit or the full purchase price. If not the full purchase price you should make it very clear what the full price is. Otherwise just say bunny must be paid for before i will hold it for you.

Latest posts

Back