Excited!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preciousgurl63

Reaction score
So I'm pretty excited right now. I have a first time doe that I bred and was really worried about if she would have them in the nest box and take care of them. Well I went out to feed the bunnies and decided to check in her box. Looky what I found. A beautiful full nest with little warm kits inside. I have no idea how many are in there. I took a quick look to see if I could see how many and my guess is like 6-7 maybe more. I plan on getting a head count when it warms up a little since here in Ohio its been a little cold. I'm so happy that she had them in her box and looks like she even feed them. She is being a good mother so far. Very protective over her babies. Here is a picture of what I seen when I opened the box and then decided to move some of the fur.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 341
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 341
Thanks. I'm so glad that she is a good momma. I went out today to feed them and check on them. She decided even though she pulled that much fur and then covered them up with hay that they needed more fur on top of all that. So she is being a great mom.

:congratulations:

What a tidy little nest she built! :p And they do look nice and fat. :hooray:

You may want to bring them inside to make sure there weren't any stillborn. Also, any runts will need to be watched in case they don't make it. A dead kit can endanger the other kits pretty quickly. :)

They look awesome, though!

Back