Two litters due this week!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fiona and Lexi!!

Fiona got her nest box a couple days ago, but Lexi is really prowling for her box! I just finished sanitizing it and am now waiting for it to dry. I'll load it up for her after it dries. I know when she flips her litter pan she wants to dig and her box!

Let me tell you, washing the nestbox with the 50/50 vinegar/h2o solution made my rabbit nip sting!! I guess I don't have to worry about infection now.

Vinegar will do that! Good luck with your new kits. I wish I were "expecting" this week but not for another 10 days. I hope eventually to get a system going so that I have a litter every two weeks but an unsuccessful mating set back my schedule and mess up the timing. I am expecting 3 litters in March and after that I should be able to get back on schedule, speaking with fingers crossed. :roll:

uugghh.. :tumbleweed:...I thought yesterday was the 28..Duh...today is day 30 ..Tomorrow is day 31...guess I am just getting impatient... :popcorn: <br /><br /> __________ Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:30 pm __________ <br /><br /> ..guess I am just getting impatient... :popcorn:[/quote]

LIL Bitz just had 8 she is still cleaning up..one is runty but 8is a good amount for her second litter. First was 6..:)
Angel is rebuilding her nest...expect to see wiggly babies soon! :D

I just put out three next boxes myself. One is my proven doe and this will be her third litter. The other two are both first timers so I have my fingers crossed. Today is day 28 for the two first timers and 3day 27 for the other. I'm not ever 100% sure that one of the first timers is bred. Really looking forward to seeing what these two young does produce. One is the broken himi I've posted photos of before and the other is her REW litter mate. I'm curious to see if the REW might carry broken.

@Katiebear: Yay! Eight for Lil Bitz! Any update on Angel??

@alforddm: you're ahead of me time-wise! Day 28 for us is March 3 and the broken doe kindled on day 30 last time. We'll see with Fiona! Your REW is a mystery..... keep us posted!

well we have a beautiful nest lots of fur,and mom is eating her BOSS and relaxing in the front of her cage.... :evil: :gettowork: I know she will deliver when she is ready, but come on already!!!...(2-28-15)

Six popples for Angle, I counted five and then saw another if the front part of the nest box..still warm and feisty so I put him back in with his siblings..will post pictures later..(3-1-15)

OMG!!!!

Lexi, the broken doe, had NINE babies this morning!! Great nest!!! Fur pulled!! No DOAs!! WOW, that just doubled our rabbit population!!!!!! This is her second litter!! NINE!!! I'm reeling here!!!!! She hardly looked pregnant!! I was guessing 4? maybe 5? her first litter was 6.

NINE

EnglishSpot":1wzp0fyh said:
OMG!!!!

Lexi, the broken doe, had NINE babies this morning!! Great nest!!! Fur pulled!! No DOAs!! WOW, that just doubled our rabbit population!!!!!! This is her second litter!! NINE!!! I'm reeling here!!!!! She hardly looked pregnant!! I was guessing 4? maybe 5? her first litter was 6.

NINE

Congrats!!! :D

Back