mistaken song lyrics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":2qyiit7z said:
:?

C'mon, Cathy... we were supposed to be posting what it was we got wrong. So... time to self-incriminate! :twisted:

:oops: Next time it happens I'll try to remember.
:lol: It always sounds right to me. :x

Ahahaha!

When I was very young...

"Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap"

was...

"Dirty D's a thunderchief!"

And the song Blinded by the Light, with the line, "Revved up like a deuce...", well, that was never properly translated either at our house, to the point where my parents thought it was so funny they just let us keep on saying it.

On a more intentional note, one of my brothers and I have the most wonderful inside joke, where we burst into a room and yell, "EVERYBODY PANTS NOW! PANTS! PANTS, PANTS, PANTS PANTS!" (sung to the tune of Everybody dance now!) and we both break out into robo-dance.

Cattle Cait":1b82zb28 said:
Ahahaha!

And the song Blinded by the Light, with the line, "Revved up like a deuce...", well, that was never properly translated either at our house, to the point where my parents thought it was so funny they just let us keep on saying it.

You mean it wasn't a song about Summer's Eve??? :oops:

Yeah... You get REALLY busted when you're taking lead on a song in your band and turns out you don't know the lyrics as well as you thought you did. :/ I can't think of any examples right now though. My son (who Will be 8 next month) is really bad about it. There was one old song, in particular, he used to get wrong all the time and it was hilarious. I'll post if I can remember it.

A few years back I'd here the Cirilla's Jingle and I always thought it was "...where friends and family meet." not "...where fun and fantasy meet." :oops:

Bunny-Wan Kenobi":2vy0dm07 said:
Just yesterday I saw a sign that said "Pinnacle Home Health", I read "Pinnacle Of Death". :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: Well, that would make you think twice about calling them if you needed health assistance.

A few years ago my husband had asked me to pick up bread from the store and told me he liked "the owl bread.". I must have spent 15 minutes describing various bread labels to try to figure out what he was talking about since I'd never seen bread with an owl in its name, on its label, or in its ingredients. Turns out he'd misread "Nature's Own" as "Nature's Owl.". We still laugh about that.

JenerationX":2vy0dm07 said:

You mean it wasn't a song about Summer's Eve???
:lol: :lol: I think there is a whole generation that misinterpreted that song...

I reverted to my teen years and was on a Meatloaf bent while cleaning yesterday. My husband kept laughing while I was singing. Two songs he enlightened me on:

Real"Bat Out Of Hell"

The sirens are screaming and the fires are howling

Me: the zombies are screaming and the vampires are howling...

Real "Paradise by the Dashboard Light".
And now our bodies are, oh, so close and tight
It never felt so good, it never felt so right
And we're glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife
Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife

Me:
And now our bodies are held so pulsin' tight
It never felt so good it never felt so right,
And it's blowin' like Beelzebub the end of the night,
Blowin' like Beelzebub the end of the night

I think my more Gothic versions were inspired by the album cover mixed with an over-active imagination and a cheap stereo system. Anyway, I quit singing and just hummed the rest of the album.

Yesterday, my beau was singing the theme song from The Jefferson..

"Gotta something something in the kitchen - beans won't burn on the grill"

0.o

I had to look up the lyrics online after telling him that I was pretty sure it wasn't beans. ;)

A couple more I've heard: Steve Miller's "big ol' jet airliner" as "big ol' Jed had a light on". Or, Elton John's Tiny Dancer "hold me close I'm tired of dancing" misheard as "hold me close young Tony Danza". :lol:

marie":334f319c said:
Steve Miller's "big ol' jet airliner" as "big ol' Jed had a light on"
:lol: :lol: Love it!

Now, I am hesitant & really nervous to point this out because I might just be :dig-hole: but aren't the real words to Tiny Dancer. "Hold me closer, tiny dancer"? I think it is, but with my track record for lyrics I'm not putting any money down on it. Anyone out there really know what that chorus is? (We can be sure it doesn't involve Tony Danza, that's for sure!) :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's "hold me close, tiny dancer"... but in some live versions he's changed it up to "holder me closer tiny dancer" or "hold me close now tiny dancer".... EJ likes to improvise stuff.

JenerationX":aivqrl1u said:
It's "hold me close, tiny dancer"... but in some live versions he's changed it up to "holder me closer tiny dancer" or "hold me close now tiny dancer".... EJ likes to improvise stuff.
Oops!! Guess I goofed the misquote too! :oops: I guess my ears aren't the greatest either!
Thanks for not making fun of my goof.

I finally remembered what my son used to say that cracked me up.

Lady Gaga "Bad Romance"

Should be "Want your bad romance"

He said "I got your raw pants" :shock: :shock:
:lol:

Syberchick70":2b9802ty said:
I finally remembered what my son used to say that cracked me up.

Lady Gaga "Bad Romance"

Should be "Want your bad romance"

He said "I got your raw pants" :shock: :shock:
:lol:
:rotfl:

Well... considering the raw meat dress... maybe he's the one who's got it right? :p

Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney are engaged now. They'll be sending standard RSVP cards with the invitations.... although the check box for beef or chicken will be to indicate your evening attire, not your meal choice.

JenerationX":aump5a26 said:
Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney are engaged now. They'll be sending standard RSVP cards with the invitations.... although the check box for beef or chicken will be to indicate your evening attire, not your meal choice.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :coffee-screen: Thanks for the laugh...I needed that!

JenerationX":2mdplve7 said:
:coffee-screen:

Back