He told the owner he would....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: I just ignored their TOS and use fake info. I'm not out to lose much if they close my account, since I just opened it up to talk to the astrex group about my curly kits, and I've pretty much already learned what I can from them.

I do feel sorry for that woman, but in today's world of self-made stars you do ask for it ...The whole twitter thing , it's weird...I don't understand what kind of ego one would have to have to expect people to "follow" your every thought and movement. :?
And back to the original topic that guy was way to proud of what he did..when we had to do the same thing (the dogs were feral and in the act of attacking our two Nubian goats)..the last thing we would have wanted to do was broadcast it. We did however call the police, sheriff actually... .. We lost two beautiful animals that we had been raising for over a year. there is no way we would have taken pictures and even a selfie, to post on the web. (There was no face book or twitter then..) That is what I find so strange about his behavior, we cried over those dogs and the goats....do people not have feelings any more?

katiebear":2cpvx63z said:
do people not have feelings any more?

I remember driving our back country roads one day a couple of years ago. An older man was driving a car in front of me when a large dog and a puppy darted into the road. I knew it was going to be bad- the puppy was hit. The old man continued driving, but I had to stop. I couldn't leave the puppy in the road.

As I got out to pick up the puppy, the old man pulled over and stopped. The puppy was dead, unfortunately, and I gently moved it to the yard of the owners. By this time, I was crying my eyes out. I walked to the door of the owners to let them know what had happened and that it was not the old man's fault. The owner's response? "Yeah, this makes four or five we've lost now'" That was it. I turned around and headed back to the puppy. I found myself apologizing for the lack of concern it was getting. As I knelt there crying, talking to the pup, the owner finally walked over. I left, crying all the way home. Over the puppy, over the lack of concern by the driver, and the insane response of the owner.

Let me contrast my mushiness with my response to an animal attacking my dogs, chickens or rabbits. SSS and no remorse. And no ridiculous Facebook post about it.

Animal cruelty :shock: what about the cruelty the livestock experiences from being repeatedly harassed, chased and bitten by these dogs who's owners are not controlling them !?!

He may be guilty of destruction of property but not cruelty IMHO but I don't the whole story :shrug:

My understanding of the law regarding protecting livestock is the animal must be actively attacking the livestock and you cannot shoot the dog before or a significant time after

Unless he has a bloodied cow or sheep or fresh dead chickens it's going to be hard for him to prove it was in defence of his property and not retribution for prior deeds.

Marinea":3ea245e5 said:
katiebear":3ea245e5 said:
do people not have feelings any more?

Let me contrast my mushiness with my response to an animal attacking my dogs, chickens or rabbits. SSS and no remorse. And no ridiculous Facebook post about it.

I did not mean that comment to sound like I was siding with the dog owner..What I was referring to was the prideful "selfie" that that um "person" posted. Not on;ly stupid but it was like he was saying "Hey look at me I'm one bad***sucker" just don't understand that attitude.I think it was callous and prideful...
And yes if the dogs were actively attacking his cattle he had every right to shoot them. It's the whole social media thing I have problems with.
The dog owner should have kept his dogs at home. if not well S.S.S.

Dood":qt9qavlk said:
Animal cruelty :shock: what about the cruelty the livestock experiences from being repeatedly harassed, chased and bitten by these dogs who's owners are not controlling them !?!
:yeahthat:

Dood":qt9qavlk said:
My understanding of the law regarding protecting livestock is the animal must be actively attacking the livestock and you cannot shoot the dog before or a significant time after

Unless he has a bloodied cow or sheep or fresh dead chickens it's going to be hard for him to prove it was in defence of his property and not retribution for prior deeds.
This is the only thing about the story that I thought might give him problems. There's nothing that says the dogs were attacking when he shot them. He should have shot them the first time, or else he has to wait for them to attack again.

Latest posts

Back