Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I was pleased overall with both Snow and White (my daughter named them I'm not that creative). I think after this litter white will do all right and snow was a trooper so, even if they are a bit psyco, I'll probably keep them for a while.

Awww... congrats on the litters everyone!! They all look so healthy and adorable.

I am counting down until our next litters. Should be a new litter in about 8 days!

LONGEST NURSING DOE EVER. Yes, he's nursing here. She still lets him every night. :roll:
The adult is the one on the top left.
This kit was born Nov 28.
His boy bits are not descended yet, and he hasn't attempted to mount, so I've just left them together...
(I KNOW, he's overdue for separation, but he's Mucky's last kit, so I've been dragging my feet.)
See, she REALLY loves her kits. ;)

Attachments

• mucky.jpg
    mucky.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 569
Beautiful litters!! I'm looking forward to more pics as they get older.

Zass.... that's like when I saw a woman breastfeeding what had to be a 10 year old.

Yeah, I'd say she has attachment issues.. I'm tempted to give her some foster kits just to keep her busy, since she likes cuddling and nursing so much.

Some of my fluffy opal and lynx kits. I really want to see what these colors look like on a longer, non-angora coat. Progress is SO SLOW.
You know...If I didn't have such terrible luck with pure breeds, I probably wouldn't have even made it this far.

GEDC2923.JPG
GEDC2896.JPGGEDC2915.JPG

Zass":1ymhmspl said:
LONGEST NURSING DOE EVER. Yes, he's nursing here. She still lets him every night. :roll:
The adult is the one on the top left.
This kit was born Nov 28.
His boy bits are not descended yet, and he hasn't attempted to mount, so I've just left them together...
(I KNOW, he's overdue for separation, but he's Mucky's last kit, so I've been dragging my feet.)
See, she REALLY loves her kits. ;)

Mucky is such a doll... wow.
She deserves to be a momma. Lovely 'kit' too ;)

Look at those fluffy babies!!! D'awww
Speaking of fluffy babies... are all babies fluffy? I've been trying to decide whether our kits have their dad's fluffy coat or not. I think they do. That would be kind of cool since it seems that none of them are going to lop :(

Syberchick70":20tp7q0y said:
Speaking of fluffy babies... are all babies fluffy? I've been trying to decide whether our kits have their dad's fluffy coat or not. I think they do. That would be kind of cool since it seems that none of them are going to lop :(

Mine are sometimes especially fluffy, since there is SF on both sides of the family tree. :)
What breeds did you cross to get yours?

Zass":2ezhz6xi said:
Syberchick70":2ezhz6xi said:

Mine are sometimes especially fluffy, since there is SF on both sides of the family tree. :)
What breeds did you cross to get yours?

Mine are a cross between a very fluffy mini lop buck (I understand that mini lops have angora in their background?) and a harlequin dutch.

Here are a couple of recent pictures. They are just over 5 weeks old now. Look at the fluff. lol

IMAG0231.jpg
IMAG0226.jpg

Beautiful kits, Zass! :D And Syberchick, it's so great to see your little cuties grow!

(Man, this forum makes me want to hurry up and get myself a rabbit! :roll: )

curelom":35j3ky9u said:
Beautiful kits, Zass! :D And Syberchick, it's so great to see your little cuties grow!

(Man, this forum makes me want to hurry up and get myself a rabbit! :roll: )

Thanks! :) I plan to do a big photo shoot with them really soon. Almost time to take deposits! :D

Litters!!!!

Lexi had NINE popples (her first litter of 6 is going on 6 weeks old, that's Blinkers and sibs) on Friday morning! All living and in good shape currently!! Five black and four brokens!

Fiona (not to be outclassed by Lexi) had NINE also!!! Three blacks and six ?????? (agouti, I think. chocolate? Will post pics in 'New Zealand Fatty' thread.)

So now we have 24 babies and three adults living in my garage!

I don't have a group photo of Fiona's bunch. That I will get tomorrow!

Attachments

• LexilitterMarch.jpg
    LexilitterMarch.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 518
just a couple of updated pictures of our babies what does the Mum do when she is really over having the babies with her anymore and when is it best to start taking them away for her.

20150306_212150.jpg

20150306_214429.jpg

karenl, does she have a way to get up and away from the kids? You can wean at 4 wks and others here have left them in with mom up til 6 or 7 weeks (depending on cage size). I took my kits to grow out at 4 wks but kept 2 rotated in with mom. She was much more relaxed with just 2 around rather than 6!!

she does have somewhere to get up from them but they have learnt to climb up there too :( so im not sure anything i give her to climb on, will actually keep them away from her they are clever little monkeys.
she doesnt seem worried she just lies flat with them all crawling over her they all skip and dart and hop around the cage its about 2m x 2m and gets shifted at least once a day more often if we feel like it as its easy to shift they have never run short of grass as yet. they are 5 weeks old so i might start rotating them out so they get used to being on their own or pairs for when they leave at 8 -12 weeks thanks for the advice <br /><br /> __________ Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:44 pm __________ <br /><br /> sorry if any of my pics or posts get posted twice my ipad just automatically does it randomly

Pearl's kits.jpgMy doe had 10 lil cuties! New Zealands.

These other pictures are 2 of my current lionhead kits :)

Attachments

• Pr 4wk black buck.jpg
    Pr 4wk black buck.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 493
  • baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 493

Latest posts

Back