Reducing food waste

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caldhara

Reaction score
Anyone have a method to either catch pellets that fall or prevent the wasting of pellets?

Depending on the width of the feeder, you can put a golfball or rock in it to prevent feed scratching. Another alternative is to drill holes in each end of the feed tray and run a wire across it.

I had a couple rabbits that were terrible diggers wasting more food than they ate. I switched to the Bass Feed Saver feeders , no more wasted feed.

http://www.bassequipment.com/Feeders/Fe ... fault.aspx

PRO.jpg

The Feed-Saver is a great option, but I do still have the occasional rabbit that will dig even in those. They are the ones that get the golfball treatment.

Thank you, I have been having the same problem. I tried raising the feeders and it helped a little. Now I have to pick up some golf balls.

You can also cut a piece of cage wire and fit it into the feed tray of the hopper.
this will effectively limit their efforts at scrabbling feed.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

TriumphTriple":32aibinw said:
Now I have to pick up some golf balls.

I have a zillion golf balls- a perk of having golf pros in the family. :mrgreen:

15 golf balls will fit into a small Priority Mail box, which costs $5.95 to ship- I looked on ebay, and the lowest price I found for 15 balls was $3.50. I'll gladly ship out a box for $9.00 to anyone who wants them. :)

Latest posts

Back