Licking and Nudging

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 1 1/2 year old holland lop doe just had 2-5 babies. I wasnt able to count how many there was being she ate half of them. It was her first litter and they were dead already. Today I was filling her water dish and she has been really 'attention wanting' since she lost her babies. She hopped over to she which she has never done before and start licking my jacket. She then start to push on it with her nose and mouth. It was the weirdest thing but was cute. She wants the cage door open all the time and she has food and water but when I try to pet her she runs away. Anyone have an idea on whats going on?

Sounds like hormones to me. You may want to re-breed her right away. :)
Give her some mint to dry up any milk though you don't want mastitis it's painful and can cause a doe to die
Don't be to hard on her with first timers there is often problems.

katiebear":2jrqzsrn said:
Give her some mint to dry up any milk though you don't want mastitis it's painful and can cause a doe to die
Don't be to hard on her with first timers there is often problems.
Thank you! Where could I get mint and what kind? Would peppermint cubes work to just let her lick on them?

I bought a sweet mint plant from Wal-Mart..cost about four bucks. Put it in a pot..mint for ever.
You should be able to get cut mint in the salad section of any grocery store..
Not sure about cubes.if you mean candy..I'd say no..

Latest posts

Back