Pitt bull atacked my rabbits.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
craneman you done good, regardless. Considering the circumstances you have a heart.

akane":1crel02a said:
I had similar but it was a much smaller dog dumped on our property so it couldn't break in to pens and it ended a lot better for the dog. It was a really really hot day and he chased some chickens to heat exhaustion with a good dozen dead. Called the police, caught the dog with a noose and some hotdogs, and then got told there is no AC, he can't legally transport the dog in his car, and they have nowhere to keep dogs. I was worried I was going to have to put this sick dog down myself. Luckily being a small town he said to bring it by the station and someone would take it. Sure enough there was half the police force waiting out back and I barely got the thing out of the truck before someone scooped the mangy, skin infected, starved little dog up and carried him off to a new home.
I'm so glad you were there for that poor little dog, and that the police were able to give him a new home!

Good job! :hooray:

craneman54":2s4dq2so said:
cmfarm--
Code:
It sounds like someone didn't want to take their dog to the vet and dumped it out there

Thats what I am thinking. It is a shame because the PB was trained and responded to some commands. He was even leash trained.When I put a rope on his neck he walked beside me and never pulled on the rope. When my lab went by him he submitted to her and never made an aggressive move. I am sure the PB tried to get my rabbits out of hunger more then anything.

It is completely stupid to me that someone would put that kind of training in a dog and not be willing to care for it when it is sick.
Also I have seen people around here that hated dogs so much, if they saw a dog in or on the side of the road they would purposely hit the dog and kill it with their truck.

The world can be a cruel place but there is no reason to make it worse by hurting defenseless people or animals.

The whole time you were going through this I was wishing I was close enough to help. :(
All I could think of was my old pitbull.
He's has been my best dog ever.
It sounded like it wouldn't have taken too much to teach guy dog not to mess with rabbit pens. All of my experiences with pitbulls so far has led me to the conclusion that they tend to be eager-to-please more than anything else.

At least, I'm glad he isn't suffering now.

Zass -
It sounded like it wouldn't have taken too much to teach guy dog not to mess with rabbit pens.

I believe you are right. Food would have been a great start.

I wish I could have kept him but I have too much on my plate right now and can't afford those kinds of vet bills. I also couldn't see him continue to suffer.
I do wish I could find out how did this. I know I could set up a few well planed surprises for that $@$%^&&. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:cry: Even when we lived in town strays would wind up tied to our front porch. Now that we're in the country even more show up. I work closely with M'Shoogies/Angel's Vet Express (a large no kill shelter) and between the two of us any and all strays get what ever they need. Vet care, training, care, and the occasional lost cases. PB are great dogs and the one that wrecked your rabbitry was just a confused and most likely desperate for a loving environment. I can understand that the cost was great, it would be for me. Having my livestock frightened/killed is hard to see. :cry: If it wasn't sick it would have made a great companion and guard for the rabbits. Just a little time and care is all he/she needed. :cry: Not everyone has the time to give though. I know this is Rabbit Talk, but Dogs are my world. :cry: You did the best you could with what you had. Thank you for at least ending it's suffering. :cry: Thank you. :cry:

Back