It's a Miracle! No more wasted feed!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liberator

Reaction score
Like many great achievements and discoveries, this happened by accident! I have considered buying new feeders to replace my j-feeders (expensive and too much trouble) and I'm currently using planter bottoms tied to the cages to catch 2/3 of the feed that would otherwise end up on the ground. Wasted feed has been a real problem the last month until...I ran out of Bryant's by accident. Oops! I thought I had another bag and the feed store wouldn't be open until Monday. So off I went to TSC and picked up a small 25 lb. bag of Purina Complete. My rabbits have been on it since Saturday and not one pellet has been wasted! Just though this would be interesting for those of you having issues with your "diggers".

Picked up two 50 lb. bags today at $5 more per bag than the Bryant's, but I'm saving money at this point! I'm happy! :)

Thanks for letting us know!! :D It has never occurred to me that switching to a tastier feed could help prevent digging.

I tend to think Purina corporation puts a ton of money towards making their feed taste good to critters.

Tasty comes before healthy to them usually. Hmm...Perhaps there is something to their uber successful business model?

I feel Purina Complete myself because it's the most consistent product available to me.
My buns didn't dig with the manna pro either.
I did stop getting weaning enteritis, absolutely zero cases since the switch, but my buns are also somewhat fattier on it. I feed a lot more local weedy hay to help compensate because it's only $4.25 a bale, but that took me a few yours to source a year round supply I could purchase one bale at a time.

Latest posts

Back