Easter Bunny rental for pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol Shara loved your comment. so true!

I'm about to write him back and tell him no way! Alot of my friends were saying I should do it anyway but just charge alot of money before hand. If the rabbits came back safe then I could return his deposit. I still dont want my rabbits being in the hands of some creep though. If he had been more polite about it I might have thought about it, or if he had been a professional from Play Boy then I wouldn't mind the cash and it would be neat knowing my rabbits were famous in a Play Boy shoot. lol, but I dont think he's a professional and I dont like how rude he was by saying "why does it matter what I do with them" Im going to write him and say it matters because they're my pets and I care what happens to them!

So I think next time I try this "Rent a bunny for Easter thing" Im only going to call up professional Photographers no creigs list. :)

Sometimes I wonder if it shouldn't be named 'creeps list'

Gees (and I have had some, um interesting sales, let's just say that by now I'm pretty sure that there *MAY* be some pretty red jackrabbits, as I'm pretty sure that just dumping rabbit in a large "rabbit wire -yes it's a type of wire fence" 'pasture' isn't going to work so well....
Even if they are, um, er free range...
I was tempted to point out that just putting a feeder out would do much the same thing cheaper, if he was after meat, but, hey, they were willing to pay, and mister meany (and his rather sweet brother) got to run 'free'...

yeah I wrote him back saying Im sorry but I cant let you borrow my rabbits for that reason because they are expensive purbred show rabbits but more importantly they are my pets and I care about their well being. I didnt hear back from him for a few days, so I was relieved that he had stopped talking to me, but today I got another message from him. Heres is the rabbit drama message lol:

"Ok, now I know you are just making stuff up. There is not such thing as a pure bred show bunny. I was watching TV last week and I saw the famous Westminister Dog Show. I sure didn't see any bunnies on the stage.

So anyway, I need the bunnies for a photo shoot. What's it to you what I do with them? They will not be harmed in any way. But since you are being Ms. Nosey Nelly I'll try to explain.

My friend and I are marketing majors and we are doing an anti-fur ad. We want to put the bunnies in a pictures that advocate anti-fur ads. We have some traps and we are going to put the pretty little bunnies standing inside the traps. With the caption "Could you kill this bunny?" Stuff like that.

Bunnies in Russia are hunted by pit bulls. We are going to have a pit bull snarling at the bunny and say "Is this the proper way to hunt a bunny?"

So when can we pick them up? I will pay extra if I can soak one in Chicken blood. It washes right off.

so it seems this guy is a complete idiot! hmm I wonder why you didnt see any rabbits at a DOG show, could it be beacuse it was for dogs! And he serously thinks that it would be ok to put my poor baby bunnies next to a snarling dog and dip them in chicken blood! I dont know if I should even waste my time writing this guy back or if I can find some way to block him.

Gee Rabbit13,
that Guy sounds like such a nice fella!
and quite intelligent TOO! How old is that guy?
maybe 3 or 4 Yrs old. He doesn't act like he could be much older than that.
Could it be that he has just never seen a rabbit and feels that
Rabbits and Dogs are the same animal, just with different names?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste or LOSE! :whistle:
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Hmmm. I think this man needs to learn about GOOGLE.

I don't think I'd let him put my rabbits in an anti-fur ad, considering one major rabbit market is fur.

I think that this guy is going to get a reality check when he actually graduates (since he said marketing major that infers he's still in college, right?) and people don't give him any work due to the fact that he's acting like a, pardon my French, a butthead.

I'd be happy to email him back for you, I loooooove PETA people :twisted:

I'd send back, that you can't support him and is agenda, as you raise rabbits for show, fur and meat, and that such an add would adversely affect your income.

Wait he is against killing rabbits for fur, but not killing for chicken blood? And he wants to terrify a rabbit by soaking it in blood and setting in front of a dog? And "What do you care what I do with them?"

This guy is with PETA like Hitler was a good Christian. I don't know what he planned but I bet he is lying.

I've worked with professional photographers before, I've had my rabbits in the Rabbits USA Magazine, I've even sold rabbits directly to professional photographers. A friend of mine has had her dog in movies, and every time someone is working with animals they want the owners there for the sake of the animal's well being, that and the animals are more likely to listen to the owner rather then a stranger.

Putting blood on a prey animal for the sake of marketing is sick and wrong, it's highly distressing to the animal to smell blood. When it comes to the welfare of my animals I can be the worlds biggest sh*t disturber. So I'd completely flip out on the person and say they needed serious mental help, then I'd casually mention that Westminster is a dog show, and if they think a rabbit would be shown at a dog show I'd seriously wonder how they made it past the age of 6.

I would post on Craigslist (its rather annomoyse) not to deal with and put his info out there, and post that he was going to Torture and KILL your rabbit so he could make an anti fur poster, and say at the best he is an IDIOT, and at worst a very sick person.

that should spark a nice feeding frenzy, esp. if you do the title right, then dump a lot of nice for sale adds at the same time, see how long they float why the crazies fight.

well, a snarling dog where the rabbit cant escape COULD kill it. I mean...they DO die of fright. When my mom first got rabbits, when I was a kid...we had a dog kill two. They actually got to one...but the other was never touched, and it's cage was unharmed.

He sounds like a mental case to me, and esp with him accusing you of lying, he may be lying, too. Or maybe he is telling the truth. No matter WHAT it is, he a VERY disturbed man. Does he know where you live? I hope not.

yeah I wrote him back and told him that his first clue to why there weren't any rabbits at a dog show was because it was a DOG show ( hint the word DOG) lol. I gave him the link to ARBA, just in case he wanted proof that there were rabbit shows. I also told him that I preferred not to have my rabbits soaked in blood and have snarling dogs in their faces and that the answer was still no to letting him rent my rabbits and to never contact me again. I also blocked him on yahoo just to make sure. I just hope he doesn't buy a rabbit at out pet store :-(

I hate to say this but he aside from BEING a jerk also sounds like he's yanking your chain.....I like Jack's CL idea though... hehehehe
Anyways he is defiantly NOT professional...blocking his email is a very good idea, I hope he has no idea where you live though.

he knows I live in the same city as he does, but luckily he doesn't know where I live. Thankfully I know his name too so later on when I have rabbits for sale I know never to sell to this guy.

Rabbit13 - Wow, you were able to put up an ad for Rent-A-Bunny on CL without it getting flagged? Can I ask how you worded it?
I'm probably too far out in the country to have someone interested in doing rent-a-bunny. I'd have to go into town probably, but hey, if it generates a bit of income, that's worth it I guess.

I'm not sure if I could get away with putting an ad on CL. Perhaps I'll try Kijiji.

Emily

I want to answer the suing mom and bunny biting issue. Before the kid was allowed to take a picture with the bunny, the mom would have to sign a release form taking all responsibility of any harm to the kid from you and taking responsibility of harm to the bunny to her as well. That way legally she can not sue you because she released her kid into doing it. I model and all photographers require a release form. It's for the safety of both the model and the photographer.

I'm seriously thinking about organizing this for my Rabbit rescue group!

Back