New babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotejoe

Reaction score
I went to feed bunnies this morning and when I switched on the light I saw that Momma Cut Ear had built a huge ball of fur in her nest box. I didn't want to uncover them until the day has warmed up a bit but feeling around in there I don't think there are so many as last time, maybe only half a dozen this time but I'll get a count and photos later today. For now it's just whoopee!
:lol:

Not a very good picture, sorry. There seem to be 9 this time and it looks like three are going to be white. I still don't know who is the father. Like before I tried to breed Cut Ear to both bucks and didn't think either one had been successful but clearly someone was.

Attachments

• babies 1-26-15-2.jpg
    babies 1-26-15-2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 326
jeannie":flz28wpa said:
Great picture!! ... I am always amazed at the amount of fur that is pulled .... and never have a "bald" doe, LOL
It is amazing! She had a ball of fur nearly the size of a soccer ball. Of course shedding and re-growing fur isn't even in the same league with a bull elk shedding and re-growing those enormous antlers every year! :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 pm __________ <br /><br /> Lost one kit last night, somehow it got out of the nest and even though it was 40 degrees in the outhouse that was too cold for a hairless baby on the wire, it was dead by morning.

Back