Register

New member greetings

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 70.00

New member greetings

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Section10 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Hello everyone

At present I don't have any rabbits, but when I had my farm I used to raise quite a few. I live on the edge of a small town now and this coming summer I will build hutches and get a couple.
Right now though, I am interested in getting a couple of frozen green (just taken off the animal and frozen) hides from someone here if I could. I want to try out an idea I have. If it works, I might be interested in more. They should be prime adult hides; color isn't important. Medium size like a New Zealand would be alright. Could someone respond if they are interested in providing a couple and the price?
thank you
Jim

Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 32,838.00

Re: New member greetings

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Zass » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Welcome to RT!

I have all sorts of hides, and I'd send some raw ones for...I dunno $1 each, and the cost of shipping them.

So..whats the plan?

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 4,325.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby JenerationX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Welcome! We're all ears about the idea. lol

Female
BunnyBucks: 3,500.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Celice » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:04 pm

welcome to da Land of Hop! (which was a horrible movie)

I'm all ears about your project! I'm also collecting pelts to make a blanket for my mom. My boyfriend got me a fur sewing machine so it should go easy.

how do you plan to tan the hides?

BunnyBucks: 70.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Section10 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Not going to tan them. Just stretch and dry them. As soon as I see how this works out I will let folks know what I'm doing.

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi Section10,

:hi: to Rabbittalk!

Well, you have piqued everyone's interest, I'm sure! I know that I can't wait to see what you do with the hides! :P

However, in order to protect the safety of our members (and ensure that RT doesn't turn into an online SwapMeet), we do have a minimum posting requirement of 20 posts before new members can participate in buying, selling, or trading items. We also have a specific forum just for that purpose:

buy-sell-and-trade-f22.html

Since you have prior experience raising rabbits, and are in the planning stages of a new rabbitry, I am sure that you will be able to quickly fulfill the 20 post requirement, at which point you can post a wanted ad in the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum.

Thank you!
Last edited by MamaSheepdog on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 6,353.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby EnglishSpot » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Welcome welcome welcome!! What types of rabbits did you have? How many? What did you feed them? See, I have so many questions for you LOL.
"Not doing anything is still making a choice."

Check out my rabbitry! http://www.facebook.com/SoaringGooseRabbits/

New Blog: https://soaringgooserabbits.wordpress.com/

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:03 pm

EnglishSpot wrote:See, I have so many questions for you LOL.

:lol:

Very helpful of you, EnglishSpot! :P

But maybe you should just ask one question at a time to make reaching that 20 post goal all that much easier! ;)
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson