• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: PELTS with Ears on

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JenerationX":2k10eur6 said:
LOL.... I love the ears.

I know it! Zass is the Best!! :)

EnglishSpot":2k10eur6 said:
Wow! Rabbit mittens!! You're talented!!! I can barely sew a button on!! 'Lend me your ears'--that was great!! Did anyone get a picture of your dad's face??
:lol: Thanks! No, we didn't get a picture, and belatedly, I thought of my cell phone's video ability. I have a feeling though that this joke will make its way back around next year - my Dad may be getting *my* reaction on camera :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:37 pm __________ <br /><br />
Ramjet":2k10eur6 said:
Those mittens came out great .... Was that a home made pattern or one you bought , if the latter where did you get it ?!
Thank you!
To make them, I followed the instructions on this Youtube video:
http://youtu.be/P9D-CPdGi5A?list=LLSVGm ... 0UcLE2dLwA
She has a free pattern on her site that I altered to fit.

I liked this step-by-step tutorial too even though I found his way of making the thumb portion of the pattern too confusing:
http://www.theurbanabo.com/urban_howtos.php?hid=43

Good luck Ramjet! Can't wait to see your future mittens! :p

There were so warm, Celice! Apparently they are just the pair to wear when scraping ice off the windshield too :) The cuffs could have been better - it was my first try dyeing fur and I tested a few pieces before deciding that the brushed on acrylic paint looked the best. Once dried, the test piece had a nice frosted look. On the cuffs... well, some areas turned out great with blue frost, others the paint was thicker than I liked. :oops:

I looked up dyeing with Rit. Next time, I hope to start faaar in advance so I have time to try a few different methods. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:43 pm __________ <br /><br />
Zass":32h11wlz said:
You sent me much more than their worth in seeds!!! Thank you very much :love:

You are so kind, but I have tried preserving a few ears and then to shape them for me too? At least popping seeds in a bag is easy :D

Speaking of seeds though, LOOOOKY WHAT I HAVE FOR SPRING!

sunflower_mania_yay.jpg

11,00 unusual varieties of Sunflower seeds. That will be about an acre :) I AM SO EXCITED FOR "SPRING OF '15!" Who else is gearing up for gardening?

Latest posts

Back