Rabbit Enchiladas

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol Just sold two of them like that at our garage sale mystang. Now we use one that attaches to the front of our stand mixer and wouldn't trade the work for anything.

I have the exact same mixer but when I priced the attachment it was more than I thought it was worth. Think it was $90 or so when I last looked. How does that do with the occasional rib bone or so?

I normally have to cook the meat till it's ready to fall off the bone then put it through the grinder so I'll get the rare small bone or two that goes through with it.

P.S Sorry for the detour in the thread MSD :)

My mom had a hand grinder too, Mystang, but hers was enormous compared to yours. My brother has it now...

I really want one like Homer has. We have a KitchenAid mixer, and I looked into them, but couldn't afford it at the time. Still can't. :cry:

mystang89":32dcrrir said:
P.S Sorry for the detour in the thread MSD :)

:lol: I asked for it, remember?

MamaSheepdog":32dcrrir said:
mystang89 wrote:Thanks again for this. We tried it the other day only with rabbit hamburger and couldn't get enough!

Yum! I still need to get a grinder so we can try rabbit burger! What kind of grinder do you use?

mystang89":1hhkfnq5 said:
I have the exact same mixer but when I priced the attachment it was more than I thought it was worth. ...
I thought so too but went for it anyway and WOW, I'm nothing but happy with it. Not supposed to put bones through it but it doesn't even grunt when one gets by me. Love the all metal construction and is a breeze to clean up.

And to get back on topic we had enchiladas the other night. My Mom 88 and sister 66 came to surprise me for a visit. (I knew something was up when the wife cleaned for 2 days before they showed up ;) )They wanted Mexican for supper and we had a bag of shredded rabbit in the freezer so get the beans and green chili going. Nothing like 4 hours of cooking for a 30 minute meal. :x

They loved the Enchiladas. When we were done my tree hugging sister asked how I fixed the "chicken" for them and I told her...she may not come back. :lol:

LOL Homer! I'm still trying to get my sister to come over for dinner one day so I can do the same to her. She knows me quiet well though and has refused on all accounts so far. ONE day though...ONE day.

I made rabbit tamales last night with mole` sauce. Everyone liked them, even the ones who didn't know it was actually rabbit. ;) My lil sis in law can't seem to get over the cute kits to the "yummy" rabbits. So her older sister told her they where chicken.

Back