Pressure cooked rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to Rabbit Talk cinspirit!

Maybe Miss M will reply. I recall seeing a post where her daughter made "kickers & Dumplings" awhile back but can't find the post. Try using the search feature on the right side of you screen for kickers & Dumplings and maybe it will show up.

edit: My mistake it was Dayna's daughter. Here's a link to the thread.
http://rabbittalk.com/post232690.html?hilit=kickers & Dumplings#p232690

Homer":20ntqcg0 said:
Maybe Miss M will reply. I recall seeing a post where her daughter made "kickers & Dumplings" awhile back but can't find the post.

edit: My mistake it was Dayna's daughter. Here's a link to the thread.

Better be more careful, there, Homer, or Miss M will think "it's all about her". ;)

MamaSheepdog":29vnyljx said:
Better be more careful, there, Homer, or Miss M will think "it's all about her". ;)
Oh I KNOW! She went kind of bonkers On me awhile back. :p The good part about getting old is I don't remember what it was about. But that's OK, she probably doesn't either. :roll:

Homer":3k95x9v5 said:
MamaSheepdog":3k95x9v5 said:
Oh I KNOW! She went kind of bonkers On me awhile back. :p The good part about getting old is I don't remember what it was about. But that's OK, she probably doesn't either. :roll:

:hmm: Perhaps your mistake was a subconscious effort to curry favor with her in an attempt at self preservation. :?

Well, all I can say is you better hope her eyesight is failing, because you just blew that outa the water with your last comment. I sense the chair approaching. :eek:

MamaSheepdog":2ullcqmt said:
:hmm: Perhaps your mistake was a subconscious effort to curry favor with her in an attempt at self preservation. :?

nah, don't think so. It's to much fun getting her spun up. Wonder where she's at today?

Saw she said the other day she hadn't even started her Christmas shopping yet. Maybe she finally decided to get with the program.
s301.gif
Hope she gets me a bigger lump of coal this year. Last years didn't burn very long at all. :p

Homer":2b0cx6bm said:
MamaSheepdog":2b0cx6bm said:

nah, don't think so. It's to much fun getting her spun up.

Well, there is that... it is quite amusing to see her go all ballistic-chair on people...

Wonder where she's at today?

Saw she said the other day she hadn't even started her Christmas shopping yet.

:eek: :eek: :eek: What's this??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was ME!!! :evil: All of us Moderators are just one and the same to you, are we??? Now Miss M's head really will swell to ungodly proportions, thinking it is all about HER! *SNIFF!*

But wait... Dayna and her daughter were also victimized! So it's women in general, eh? All one and the same, eh? :explode:

Miss M! Bring the chair, please! Homer needs to be whacked upside the head!

Maybe she finally decided to get with the program. Hope she gets me a bigger lump of coal this year. Last years didn't burn very long at all. :p

Well, yes, as a matter of fact she did. I'll have you know that with the exception of a trip to the bookstore, the Christmas shopping is finito.

And she didn't stop by the coal quarry, so no coal for you. Hope you shiver all winter. :angry:

If you're verrrry lucky, maybe Miss M will break the chair over your head and leave you the kindling. :twisted:

Okie dokie... Mystang gets a "Get Out of One Chair-Bashing Free" card! :hooray:

I finally gave this a try tonight, and I will definitely be doing this more often!

1 thawed rabbit, cut into pieces
1 cup cracked wheat berries (you could use whole... or quinoa, or whatever...)
4 cups rabbit/chicken broth (3 are needed for the wheat)
seasoning to taste

I put the broth into my pressure cooker, along with some salt (homemade salt-free broth) and then the wheat. I cracked the wheat, because websites were divided on whether it took 15 or 30 minutes to cook whole ones in a pressure cooker. I brought the wheat to a boil, and covered the cooker and turned down the heat while I cut up the rabbit. I wanted to make sure the wheat did fully cook.

I seasoned the rabbit pieces with a little salt, some Prudhomme's salt-free seasoning, and some McCormick Tuscany seasoning. Put the rabbit into the cooker, locked the lid, and turned the heat up until it reached 15 pounds. Set my timer for 15 minutes... then remembered that Mystang had said both 10 and 15 minutes in this thread :evil: and decreased it to 13.

Turned it off and let the pressure come down for 5 minutes or a little more, then ran a little cold water over the lid to finish bringing it down.

Review:

The rabbit was fully cooked and not quite falling apart. I was able to remove the pieces without them disintegrating. I would normally expect the meat to be a bit dry at this point, but it was not. The rabbit was tender. It wasn't juicy, nor was it dry. I normally take the rib section, because I'm the only one who seems to be able to get the meat off of it, and the meat came off much more easily than it ever has, and I got more meat off than usual. Everyone loved it! The only minor complaint was that the seasoning was a little strong -- interesting, as I had used less because I was pressure cooking. Now I know I can use even less next time.

The wheat was fully cooked, had a wonderful texture, and was nicely seasoned. This is the first time I've done it this way. We normally eat a lot of rice, but I was trying for something a little friendlier to a diabetic, as my beloved Shay was just diagnosed. Everyone liked the wheat, commenting that it was a little odd, because it was like combining breakfast and dinner. The texture of breakfast, with the flavor of dinner. :lol: But they did like it. The only complaint was that it was a bit runny. I had forgotten that some liquid would come from the rabbit itself. I'll remember that. Also, it was very rich... it almost seemed like it had a lot of fat in it, even though it didn't. I think next time I will endeavor to remove all easily visible fat from the rabbit, though I don't know if that would make a difference.

I cooked some kernel corn separately, and we had a wonderful dinner. :)

Thank you, Mystang!

Hmmm... how strange! :hmm: I'm sure this hat fit yesterday, but now it's too small! Dratted thing! It's not like I put it through the washer or something! :angry:

Homer":30s0ojiq said:
The good part about getting old is I don't remember what it was about. But that's OK, she probably doesn't either.
:angry:

It's to much fun getting her spun up.
:furious:

Hope she gets me a bigger lump of coal this year. Last years didn't burn very long at all. :p
:storm-cloud:

MamaSheepdog":30s0ojiq said:
If you're verrrry lucky, maybe Miss M will break the chair over your head and leave you the kindling. :twisted:
Oh, certainly not! Haven't you noticed? I use only the finest in metal folding chairs! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

See... I shall demonstrate on Homer, who obviously needs it: :chair: :chair: :chair:

__________ Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:18 am __________

**** Recipe Review ****

Okie dokie... Mystang gets a "Get Out of One Chair-Bashing Free" card! :hooray:

I finally gave this a try tonight, and I will definitely be doing this more often!

1 thawed rabbit, cut into pieces
1 cup cracked wheat berries (you could use whole... or quinoa, or whatever...)
4 cups rabbit/chicken broth (3 are needed for the wheat)
seasoning to taste

I put the broth into my pressure cooker, along with some salt (homemade salt-free broth) and then the wheat. I cracked the wheat, because websites were divided on whether it took 15 or 30 minutes to cook whole ones in a pressure cooker. I brought the wheat to a boil, and covered the cooker and turned down the heat while I cut up the rabbit. I wanted to make sure the wheat did fully cook.

I seasoned the rabbit pieces with a little salt, some Prudhomme's salt-free seasoning, and some McCormick Tuscany seasoning. Put the rabbit into the cooker, locked the lid, and turned the heat up until it reached 15 pounds. Set my timer for 15 minutes... then remembered that Mystang had said both 10 and 15 minutes in this thread :evil: and decreased it to 13.

Turned it off and let the pressure come down for 5 minutes or a little more, then ran a little cold water over the lid to finish bringing it down.

Review:

The rabbit was fully cooked and not quite falling apart. I was able to remove the pieces without them disintegrating. I would normally expect the meat to be a bit dry at this point, but it was not. The rabbit was tender. It wasn't juicy, nor was it dry. I normally take the rib section, because I'm the only one who seems to be able to get the meat off of it, and the meat came off much more easily than it ever has, and I got more meat off than usual. Everyone loved it! The only minor complaint was that the seasoning was a little strong -- interesting, as I had used less because I was pressure cooking. Now I know I can use even less next time.

The wheat was fully cooked, had a wonderful texture, and was nicely seasoned. This is the first time I've done it this way. We normally eat a lot of rice, but I was trying for something a little friendlier to a diabetic, as my beloved Shay was just diagnosed. Everyone liked the wheat, commenting that it was a little odd, because it was like combining breakfast and dinner. The texture of breakfast, with the flavor of dinner. :lol: But they did like it. The only complaint was that it was a bit runny. I had forgotten that some liquid would come from the rabbit itself. I'll remember that. Also, it was very rich... it almost seemed like it had a lot of fat in it, even though it didn't. I think next time I will endeavor to remove all easily visible fat from the rabbit, though I don't know if that would make a difference.

I cooked some kernel corn separately, and we had a wonderful dinner. :)

Thank you, Mystang!

Back