Vent disease?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
Update:
I couldn't find the post where we were talking about vent disease.....but here is an update:
My buck now has just the 2 pimples on his sheath plus two other small ones on the other side. No other signs of anything else...what are some of the other symptoms? It's been about a month I think since I found his first one...so it wouldn't be vent disease right?

FINALLY got pics! :p
(Edit: It took me about an HOUR to put these up. :( )
I looked recently, and he had a big one! :(

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is when I squeezed everything out of it.

image.jpg

And here is a pic of the other two smaller ones.

-- Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:56 pm --

Oh, and also....doesn't vent disease spread really bad? Well if so...I highly doubt that it is vent disease because my female has shown no signs of it, and disgustingly, she sometimes eats his poos that fall from the second level. :| So she would have so gotten it by now...right?
Also, no other signs of anything else, just those pimples. :? <br /><br /> -- Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:45 pm -- <br /><br /> Anyone else has just pimples? :shock:

Rabbits do not have to show signs to have VD sadly, otherwise it would be much easier to keep tabs on. After seeing the pictures though, I don't think it is VD. Judge at a show dq'd a doe with similar places, noted they can be caused by build up and if kept clean/lanced will go away with out returning. Not saying its that, but a possibility. I've not had any come up in my rabbits (at this time, never know about tomorrow) and I do daily checks all over :/

Latest posts

Back