Biscuits are coming out of the oven! Woo-Hoo

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Two Does due today and snow last night, 15* f right now. Went out a few minutes ago to work on the fire in the shop (where I keep the rabbits) and Dee Dee (black broken) has started to kindle for us.! :bouncy: It looks like one out so far so will check on her in a few hours.

The other (chinchilla)has a great nest built but no fur pulled yet. It's her first time so...
graphics-3d-smileys-313328.gif
Guess we'll see soon enough. :)

Sounds promising, Homer!

Wishing you lots of little biscuits, er, popples!

:rabbit-hop1: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop3: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop1: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop3: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop1:

At those temperatures, I'd take a peek in at them fairly often in case the first-timer doesn't pull enough fur. And I'd have an alternative (dryer lint, teased cotton balls or batting, feathers from a pillow) handy, just in case.

MaggieJ":357lru5u said:
...At those temperatures, I'd take a peek in at them fairly often in case the first-timer doesn't pull enough fur. And I'd have an alternative (dryer lint, teased cotton balls or batting, feathers from a pillow) handy, just in case.
The shop is heated so we should be OK. I have a supply of "Litter Saver" on hand just in case. http://rabbittalk.com/topic23322.htmlThat stuff is unreal and is warmer than momma's fur. (checking her every hour)
Comet007":357lru5u said:
Good luck! We have popples due on Christmas day and I can't wait! I hope you get good healthy litters. :D
Thanks! That will make a grand Christmas gift!

...Just checked Dee Dee and she stopped! :x Set the lights back to night mode and will leave her alone for awhile. :popcorn:

This is crazy! Just checked and Dee Dee has a bunny bedroom full of little wigglers. She's resting so will try and get a count a little later today. Off to get parsley and goats milk. She's the one that lost half the first litter when her milk didn't come in for three days.

Still nothing going on with Chin colored Doe.

Yay for a nest full!

*fingers crossed your other doe gets with the program and delivers*

Just got done checking everyone and feeding the wood burning stove.

Dee Dee was sleeping so didn't bother her hutch but got a peek earlier and she only had 5 this time. :eek: All are still alive and I saw her feed them about 7:00 tonight. That's a huge improvement from last time but her numbers are way down. Managed a rather poor picture for you much to her dismay but guess that's all you get for now. 3 solid blacks and 2 black broken.
5 kits.jpg

Gidget (the Chin) still hasn't pulled fur so will be "one of those nights" so to speak. She's a first timer so want to keep an eye on things. :?
Not the best Frenchie (see how her back falls off?) but carries very good genes.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! :gnight:

Attachments

• IMG_4032Gidget.jpg
    IMG_4032Gidget.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 428
Still nothing from Gidget as of ~9:30 last night. :hmm: Maybe I need to load her up in the pickup truck and take her for a ride on one of our lovely bumpy roads around her. :?

She's still maintaining a beautiful tunnel nest in her nest box. Just can't get her to make a deposit.

Dee Dee's 5 little one are doing well. When I checked them they all had fat little tummies and made great popcorn when I first touched the nest.

If you have any lavender, fenugreek or blue cohosh laying around, they are all useful herbs for stimulating labor. We keep a blend of the three on hand, and my plan is that I would 1 T of the blend to any of our does once they were two days late. We used the mixture successfully on one of our does previously who seemed like she was having some delay finishing off a delivery and it worked well. And of course, lavender is also a mild pain reliever/tranquilizer so would be helpful even if she does go into labor.

I know some people say that they have rabbits who routinely deliver late with no problems, but have also read that being late can be a bad sign for the kits as well. For us, we just err on the side of caution.

I wish I did have some lavender. Actually started some last Spring in one of the DW's flower beds but...she forgot I planted it and it went the way of the weeds. :roll:

Thanks all, as you can tell I can't sleep so guess I'll go check on Gidget and see if anything has happened since 10:00. :shock:

PSFAngoras":8ejyivdd said:
I have some lavender standing dried in the garden if you feel it's worth the drive to come get it. Your more than welcome to it.
Thank you so much but think I'll pass. I just got her out to see if I could feel anything and I'm afraid she falsed on us. Only thing I feel is bunny berries in her gut right now...

But on an up note I got a new buck yesterday and I think I'll put him to work on her tomorrow morning. :mrgreen:
Had to put Mr. Nibbles down. :( (major dental issue)

Sorry to hear about your buck :( that's always a bummer. Hopefully your new buck can get the job done.

I'll try to remeber to bring you some lavender at the next local show so you'll have some on hand just incase. Unfortunately, looks like we don't get another Pueblo show for quite a few months. I think it was may or June? Ugh. It's funny how spoiled all the breeders are up north! They don't have to drive far for shows or rabbits! It's amazing how many times I haven't batted an eye about driving 5 hours ONE WAY for rabbits and I get people from the springs complaining about the 45 minutes it takes to get here!

Back