Games Bunnies Play

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nya-Nya! You Can't Make Me! That game has almost driven me insane. My rabbit's name is Lexi, and she is about two years old. I have a fenced-in backyard, so every day or so, I open up her cage (Her cage has a gate in when you open it, it's like a ramp). So I'd let her out for the day and I'd go inside. She's out for a LONG while. I go to school when she's out, so I have practically no contact with her. When it starts to get dark out, I slip into my shoes and grab my carrots. The carrots are for tempting her in. So while I'm out, I stick a few in her cage. Then, I'll find her and give her two bites of one of my carrots. (BTW- these are baby carrots) I'd move back a few steps, she'd follow. I do that for a while until I'm up on the porch, and she won't get in her hutch! I try tempting her with all sorts of fruits and things she likes. But NOOOOOO. She'd rather run around and drive me insane instead. I dunno what to do about her behavior! If it IS all fun and games for her, I'd better not let her out for a while. :evil: Just like, "COME ON ALREADY!" In the end, I have to go downstairs and tell my dad I need him. Believe me, Lexi does NOT like my dad very much. He will stomp up and practically yell at the rabbit. Only THEN does she go in. What should I do? It's becoming ridiculous! :bunnyhop:

pfaubush":ccub0lnc said:
:wizard: What Sex Am I This Week? A fun little games played by youngsters. They really enjoy this one when you have a waiting list of buyers.

:hobbyhors Escape Hatch Hurry up! If we get all of this food eaten, we can squirrel our way out through the J-feeder! That crazy woman LOVES to play chase!!!

By the way, I HATE the dead buck game!

I was so excited had a litter full of does and only does a white one a few grays and a gray with brown ears what pretty little babies they would make *one week later* BUCKS!!! THEY ARE ALL BUCKS!?! NOO!

In the winter mine play, "I Don't Want to Drink When You Want to Water Me!" which is an offshoot of the game, "Are You Trying to Poison Me With That Water?" So I leave them in the morning with rapidly cooling water praying they get enough before it freezes.

Schipperkesue":1r2x1j59 said:
In the winter mine play, "I Don't Want to Drink When You Want to Water Me!" which is an offshoot of the game, "Are You Trying to Poison Me With That Water?" So I leave them in the morning with rapidly cooling water praying they get enough before it freezes.
Hot/warmish water freezes faster, Give them cold cold water. I did this as a self experiment by setting hot, warm, and cold water on top of their hutches in freezing temperatures hot was first down at about 3 hours warm was next at about 4 cold made it to about 5 or 6

ButtonsPalace":11xo07fv said:
Schipperkesue":11xo07fv said:
Hot/warmish water freezes faster, Give them cold cold water. I did this as a self experiment by setting hot, warm, and cold water on top of their hutches in freezing temperatures hot was first down at about 3 hours warm was next at about 4 cold made it to about 5 or 6

I am giving them cold water. Their fresh warm water melts the ice in their crocks, becoming cold quite fast.

The that's not my bottle, so I won't drink from it game

Where my doe decided she didn't want to drink from her new bottle (which works perfectly fine) so, sucker that I am, have put a bowl in her cage and have to fill it up twice a day -.-

Hide and seek...

Yesterday evening I went to put the Grey into her hutch for the night - no rabbit. Searched the premises twice, also the wood (outside the fence), gave up at 1130pm, started to accept that the fox had paid a visit- Opend the gate of the fence anyway so that she could come in if she somehow escaped through a one way hole.
Couldn't sleep well, at 3am I grabbed the torchlight for another round - and there she sat, at the ramp to her hutch, an incredible "I got bored!" expression on her face, hobbled up the ramp and went munching away...

Ooh this is a great thread! Nice resurrection!

Another buck spraying game...

Surprise! Spray Your Friends! - When you have friends come visit and they want to see the sweet, kissy-face buck you've been talking about. :x Well, I'm sure I don't have to explain further.

Do we have Open Your Mouth, Here Come My Dirty Shavings! yet?
When you open the crate on a new/ quarantine bunny and they turn around and kick ALL the contents of the crate in your face?

Our current version of Cold Butt is to be all "oh, woe is my, I'm a scared, sad bunny" in the daylight, but when I come out to check everyone at bedtime with the head lamp on for light, the biggest coldest butts are the first ones to hop to the light all curious and happy... and in the morning... cold butts again.

My free ranging buck is currently playing "Crate Amnesia" ~ at night I would say "go to bed" and he would hop into his crate on the floor. But I moved it by, like, a foot to the left three weeks ago and every night we have to play "evil lady gonna kill me with that broom" now like he has utterly no idea what is expected of him or where his crate went.

Susie570":34h1ce0j said:
Ooh this is a great thread! Nice resurrection!

Another buck spraying game...

Surprise! Spray Your Friends! - When you have friends come visit and they want to see the sweet, kissy-face buck you've been talking about. :x Well, I'm sure I don't have to explain further.

Hahaha THIS one is so true for me xD

You get that ONE bunny out for your friend that has NEVER peed on anyone... then SURPRISE, they pee all over your friends' lap! :oops: :x

:bdh: The Dead Buck Game You go into the rabbitry and your favourite buck is flat out on his side, seemingly not breathing. No amount of calling his name or prodding seems to get a response. Just when you're ready to go dig a hole out back, he stirs slightly, gives himself a shake and asks what's for supper. :twisted:

The dead buck game? Um.... is there really any way to know for sure...? Breathing? Do you guys notice they're eyes are closed?

Variation of cold bunny butt/bunny snit: The Bun House: You've ticked off your bunny so badly that not only do you get their backside for hours or days, but they won't even take a TREAT from you. "I'll show you where you can stick that piece of pineapple" ... yep. You're in the Bun House. (aka the doghouse, bunny style)

Seasprite":1w3ctl7l said:
Variation of cold bunny butt/bunny snit: The Bun House: You've ticked off your bunny so badly that not only do you get their backside for hours or days, but they won't even take a TREAT from you. "I'll show you where you can stick that piece of pineapple" ... yep. You're in the Bun House. (aka the doghouse, bunny style)

I once had a rabbit that held a grudge for TWO YEARS. He was the pick of the litter and just too nice to send to camp. So I gave him to my sister's SO, Claude, with the understanding that if it didn't work out, the bun could come back here as a breeder.

Due to numerous factors, it was more practical for Tao (the rabbit) to come back to us a few months later. My Sis and Claude visit from time to time, but for two whole years, Tao gave Claude cold butt when he went down to the rabbitry to see him. He did finally seem to forgive Claude and I was glad of that since a few months later Tao developed health problems and had to be euthanized.

A bunny snit is a fearsome thing!

Hooooollyyy crud. :x

Makes me glad that my bunnies let me 'out' of said bun-house with some good behavior. And especially if I leave treats. Then again, my buns are stuck with me. LOL we all stay in the same room, so for the sake of us all, we try to get along.

Or at least that's my theory. Remy's held a grudge for a couple of days though. Very, very much a fearsome thing.

On the note of holding grudges... I have a doe that I believe will hate me till she dies. I got her with severe ear mites that took two months of shoving stuff in her ears... I'm surprised I never got bit. She's stopped turning her bum to me and is at least facing me but that I think may be all the love I ever get from her haha! We also have our moody no longer disabled bunny who goes from being lovey to nibbly in seconds lol

Latest posts

Back