Fell off the wagon...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JenerationX":192wxho0 said:
I have 4 or 5 poles and reels (just bass poles) just for the pond in the back. If I were fishing rivers, lakes, or God forbid the ocean, I'd need a bigger shed for all the stuff I'd want.

I have about 25 rabbits ..... and 3x as many fishing rods & reels , but I've been collecting them for much longer.

My wife wont eat fish or rabbit .... but doesn't complain about either.

PSFAngoras":3j2zi0xi said:
He's only been fly fishing for about a year now, so I expect he'll get there! He does have about 15 spinning rods, so I know the fly rod collection will follow suit. I just thank my lucky stars we don't live near salt water, or that would be a whole nother set for both!!

Yep, we just moved to an island surrounded by salt water several years ago and it did open up the "need" for a lot more gear, not the least of which is the crabbing equipment! Then the sturgeon and the... I actually don't know how many rods he has anymore - generally I learn the new number when we do a long distance move and have the professionals come in and inventory everything.

Since we get to eat crab year round as well as the occasional salmon and clams (and other fish) I don't mind at all.

Homer":3lbke8y8 said:
Comet007":3lbke8y8 said:
...Yep, we just moved to an island surrounded by salt water several years ago and it did open up the "need" for a lot more gear...
Want to adopt an Ole' guy? :cheesysmile:

Or two ?! :cool:

Comet007":sowdu0pv said:
I have enough trouble makers, thank you very much! :D DH doesn't need more enablers nearby!!

I'm no trouble maker! Don't drink , no drugs , don't stay out all night .... all I do is cook , laundry , take care of the kids & rabbits and bring home a lot of fish! :mrgreen:

Ramjet":2m3fkkqj said:
Comet007":2m3fkkqj said:
I have enough trouble makers, thank you very much! :D DH doesn't need more enablers nearby!!

I'm no trouble maker! Don't drink , no drugs , don't stay out all night .... all I do is cook , laundry , take care of the kids & rabbits and bring home a lot of fish! :mrgreen:

Hmmm, I could use a chief cook and bottle washer!! Plus the cleaning and laundry with my bad back! LOL. I was more referring to someone else who would encourage DH to acquire more TOYS! He has a 1,200 sf garage with an attic of half that space again, and it is FULL! He even originally complained about the rabbit pellets/hay being stored in there!

Between the crab, clams, fish and rabbits we have enough meat to feed a lot more people, that's for sure! Even our 1/4 beef with premium steaks that we buy every year gets neglected.

Miss M":t4xzufrw said:
Comet007":t4xzufrw said:
Even our 1/4 beef with premium steaks that we buy every year gets neglected.
I can help you out with that... it's kinda sad to think how lonely your beef is... :lol:

That IS sad! Organically raised, grass fed and packaged just how we like it. Steaks and prime rib that are better than what you get at a good restaurant. :D I sometimes feel guilty about the sheer volume of food that we have in our house for just three people. We do get volunteers when the crab is fresh, though!

Latest posts

Back