What are the chances???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preciousgurl63

Reaction score
Ok I understand it not really 100% right at guessing what colors they might have but I'm really curious. I'm wondering if I will possibly have any lilacs or chocolates. I know I will get blacks and blue more than likely. Well I probably should tell you what color and breed they are. I have a broken chocolate doe and a blue buck Mini Rex. They are both full pedigree. This is how both of their pedigrees look. So what are my chances?

GG. Sire: Chocolate

G. Sire: Chocolate

GG. Dam: Chocolate

Sire: Broken Chocolate

GG. Sire: Broken Black

G. Dam: Broken Chocolate

GG. Dam: Broken Black

My Doe: Hershey
Broken Chocolate

GG. Sire: Otter-Black

G. Sire: Lilac

GG. Dam: White

Dam: Blue

GG. Sire: Broken Lilac

G. Dam: Broken Lilac

GG. Dam: Chocolate

GG. Sire: Broken Black

G. Sire: Broken Blue

GG. Dam: Broken Black

Sire: Broken Blue

GG. Sire: Blue

G. Dam: Broken Blue

GG. Dam: Broken Blue

My Buck: Smurf
Blue

GG. Sire: Otter-Black

G. Sire: Blue

GG. Dam: Broken Otter-Black

Dam: Blue

GG. Sire: Blue

G. Dam: REW

GG. Dam: Broken Blue

Most likely possibilities are solids , brokens & otters of the following - Chocolate , Blue , Lilac , Black.

(I could be wrong , probably shoulda have let Dood answer this).

You can't get otters from a chocolate and a blue. They are both self. The doe carries dilute so the offspring have a 50% chance of being dilute (blue, lilac). The buck has no chocolate background but that doesn't mean he doesn't have it. It just means odds are low. Any white/rew in the pedigree kind of throws in a wildcard because they can be anything under the white and any color can carry the genes for white. If you have 2 rabbits with some rew somewhere on the pedigree there is an increased chance of rew offspring.

Ok. I think I understand all this. I know from when I was talking with the lady that I got my buck from I believe she told me he had a kit that was a broken lilac but I could be mistaken tho. I just guess I'm going to have to wait and see what surprises they throw me.

Latest posts

Back