Has anyone

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avdpas77

Reaction score
Has anyone ever mated a "charlie" with a Dutch Rabbit?..... Just curious what the offspring might look like.

You'll get brokens some resembling the Dutch, some resembling a charlie some in between. Dutch is technically a broken colour that has been bred to have that exact pattern.

From what I've read we are looking at different genes and gene interactions to produce a "broken" (spotted) rabbit and a dutch (specific broken pattern). Your charlie would be 'EnEn' and your dutch 'dudu'.

There's an interesting article written in 1954 on the differences and interaction here: http://www.springerlink.com/content/p9ll5653600k1232/fulltext.pdf and even this article offers differing opinions :)

What an awesome article. Well balanced and researched. Need to move that link someplace where it won't get lost......

Your charlie would be 'EnEn' and your dutch 'dudu'.

the lack of English on this board is staggering ;)

or perhaps I'm a DOHDOH.. LOL
I still haven't even firgured out what a charlie is ;)

Brody":nnggab0d said:
I still haven't even firgured out what a charlie is ;)

A "charlie" is a "double broken" . The broken gene is dominiant, but expresses it color inhibition even more when double.....one then gets a rabbit with just "spots" of color instead of patches.

A charlie usually lacks the full face moustache; it sometimes shows as just a bit of colour on the nose in a thin line like Charlie Chaplin's moustache!

__________ Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:52 pm __________

Latest posts

Back