Cajun Wild Game Meatballs w/ Alfredo Sauce

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteWingRabbitry

Reaction score
5041428_orig.jpg

Ingredients: Meatballs
1lb Ground Rabbit Meat
1lb Ground Venison
1 Egg (scrambled/whipped)
1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
4 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Tbs Salt
1-2 Tsp Pepper
1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
1-1.5 Tbs Cajun Seasoning
Seasoning is to taste and can be adjusted if you like more or less spice

Ingredients: [Cheater] Alfredo Sauce
1 Can Pregresso Recipe Starter - Creamy Parmesan Basil
1/2 Cup Whole Milk (or Cream)
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
1-1.5 Tbs Cajun Seasoning
[My husband has a non-cheater/non-canned Alfredo Sauce recipe, but I'm not very good with it.]

Instructions
Mix thoroughly the meats, egg, bread crumbs and spices. Roll into small balls (about 1-1.5" in diameter).
Heat about 1/8" of oil in a frying pan (medium heat), fry a meatball or two rolling every minute or two until crispy. Cut open to check that it is cooked all the way through. Adjust cooking temp down just a little bit if it is not (my stove was just below the medium mark). Continue frying about 6-8 balls at a time. Place on paper towels (either plate or cookie sheet) to drain oil.
Put Starter, Milk, Parmesan, and Cajun Seasoning in a 2 qt sauce pan. Bring to barely a boil, stirring periodically. Turn down to low. This can be done prior to/same time as frying the meat balls.
Mix meatballs into sauce and serve. They are delicious by themselves, but also go well with pasta, rice, or potatoes, however you desire.

Made approximately 45 meatballs [after test meatballs].
http://whitewingrabbitry.weebly.com/stove-top-recipes/cajun-wild-game-meatballs-w-alfredo-sauce

This looks fabulous I have a package of ground elk in the freezer (the only one left) and a whole rabbit (also the only one left). I have not tried to grind a rabbit yet, but this has me thinking about breaking out that hand grinder in the pantry..... :chef:

katiebear":37arjnmc said:
This looks fabulous I have a package of ground elk in the freezer (the only one left) and a whole rabbit (also the only one left). I have not tried to grind a rabbit yet, but this has me thinking about breaking out that hand grinder in the pantry..... :chef:

Oh you do not know how envious I am... I've not been out here quite a year yet, but already I miss elk. I wonder if I can sneak any on the plane when I go home (to UT) for a visit.... Or maybe my mom can bring me some next summer.

We used a hand grinder for this batch.... I recommend going with the bigger insert. The smaller one got gummed up pretty easily, and the texture from the big one was just fine.

Back