Sexing Newborn kits **pics**

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I cant sex them and now they are 9 days old and I think I have waited way to long to post pics for yall to try. So if you could help out here I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!! :cry: :cry:

I added the body pic to go with the hoo-haa pics so they don't feel as violated. :roll: <br /><br /> __________ Wed May 28, 2014 12:55 pm __________ <br /><br /> Heres the body to # 3 and the last baby I need help with

Attachments

• b-01.jpg
    b-01.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4,711
  • b-1.jpg
    b-1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4,711
  • b-02.jpg
    b-02.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4,710
  • b-2.jpg
    b-2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 4,710
  • b-03.jpg
    b-03.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4,710
  • b-3.jpg
    b-3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 4,710
  • b-04.jpg
    b-04.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4,709
  • b-4.jpg
    b-4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4,711
I was trying this with my kits last night, but is it ok to mark the females (or males) somehow, what do you suggest to do that?

deleur2":ufmtwr4x said:
I was trying this with my kits last night, but is it ok to mark the females (or males) somehow, what do you suggest to do that?

I would just use nail polish on one sex.

deleur2":1cok3aop said:

A black dot inside of the ear with a Sharpie marker. :) Works great!

Help on gender for those experienced. I'm new at this. I have four Mini Lop kits. They are 4 days old. Below are two of the kits (the others I need to get clearer pictures).
Love to know what you think. Thank you!!

Violets%2BTri%2Bbaby%2B2nd%2Bphoto.JPG

Violets%2BTri%2Blineback.JPG

Nice clear pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

But........... you sort of need to press down a bit just above the genitals. If you see a SLIT (going north and south) that almost touches the anus, then it "might" be a girl. If you see a tiny thing popping up, it "might" be a boy.

I've looked at new borns, 2 week old, 4 week old, and sometime have been surprised at 4 months old that the little girl turned out to be a boy!!!!

One thing I read one time on Rabbittalk and tried to do........ but can't remember if it worked........ is look at your kits chests. If you see 6 teets then it's likely a girl. But you have to look before the hair starts coming in (I think on day 4).

Good luck.

WhWRabbitry":1lql45df said:
Help on gender for those experienced. I'm new at this. I have four Mini Lop kits. They are 4 days old. Below are two of the kits (the others I need to get clearer pictures).
Love to know what you think. Thank you!!

Violets%2BTri%2Bbaby%2B2nd%2Bphoto.JPG

Violets%2BTri%2Blineback.JPG

It is really hard to tell, but I think they're both bucks, the top might be a doe.

The bottom one definitely is, but I think both are bucks. The top pic isn't quite as clear.

Thanks to those who replied on the two previous pictures I posted. I so appreciate it! It seems everyone is in agreement on one of the Tri-Color being a buckling.
Yesterday we took pictures of all 4 Mini Lops for gender. Hopefully they are clear enough.
Love to hear more feedback. Thank you! :D

WhWVT%2BNov%2B14%2Bgender%2BJH.jpg

WhWVT%2BNov%2B14%2BMagpie.jpg

WhWVT%2BNov%2B14%2Bgender%2BLineback.jpg

WhWVT%2BNov%2B14%2Bgender%2BTri%2Bcolor.jpg

Jap Harli #1 looks doe"ish"
Magpie #2 to blurred to tell
Tri #3 looks like a "doe" though hard to tell.
Tri #4 might be a buckling

These are my best guesses. No promises and I am almost positive the SCF will grace you with her presence within the next 3 weeks :D

Thanks much for the replies Sagebrush & Miss M.
Lol. Amused by the differences of opinions! :D
Is there a particular age that it's easiest to tell? I'm probably just too impatient!!
We are wanting to possibly keep one that's a doe.

Some can sex newborns... I'll be finding out shortly whether I'm any good at it yet (I have a litter I'll be separating). They say it's much harder by the time they're a couple of weeks old -- or really, less than that.

It's another several weeks before it gets easier again. :)

Thanks again Sagebrush for the feedback. I've already had people interested in purchasing them. I was going to let people put deposit down to reserve at 5 weeks old and go to new homes at 8 weeks. However, now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have people reserving them that early so I have more time to figure out what gender they are and which one I want!

you will notice that the pictures at the beginning of this thread have a little food coloring wiped on the genetillia , if you are having trouble seeing the organ clearly [as we are in these pictures] you might try this [old timers used a little soot] --just try not to get it inside of the vulva---

michaels4gardens":2n2ncnh4 said:
you will notice that the pictures at the beginning of this thread have a little food coloring wiped on the genetillia , if you are having trouble seeing the organ clearly [as we are in these pictures] you might try this [old timers used a little soot] --just try not to get it inside of the vulva---

Interesting... I had not heard of that trick. The first pictures in the thread just looked to me like someone had marked the photos after the fact with red to show the closeness of the parts... am I wrong on that? If food coloring is safe and would be helpful I'd try it. I've taken an insane amount of pictures trying to get good clear ones to identify gender but between wiggly kits and a camera that doesn't want to focus I haven't accomplished much! :( <br /><br /> __________ Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:54 pm __________ <br /><br />
Sagebrush":2n2ncnh4 said:
I feel that I a fairly decent at newborns, otherwise I just have to wait and see when they turn 6-8 weeks old to get a clear idea.
Sagebrush - I must be lacking in patience as the wanting to figure out their gender has about driven me crazy!! I've looked at them SO many times, taken more pictures etc. I still don't know. ha. They are now 16 days old.

Latest posts

Back