What do you use for your breeding "calendar"?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a whiteboard, but I'll probably be adding a notebook.

I keep five months on the whiteboard at a time, one per line. When I finally need a new month, I erase the top line(s). Before:

image.php

After:

image.php

I did find that the only color to use long-term is black. Other colors don't clean off as well.

I'm simple and lazy. I have a composition book. Inside you'll find a page for each doe. I write the date bred, with whom, 31 day date and whatever the outcome turns out to be.

Before breeding,
I check out my Evans Rabbit program to see who should
be bred to whom. I go with a list to the Rabbitry to do my chores.
At that time I place those to be bred together.
I write the pertinent information on a pad i keep in the rabbitry.
When I get back to the house the information is placed in
my Evans rabbit program. The program will tell you when
you need to place a nestbox. I am constantly referring to my
Evans Rabbit program, I don't believe anyone should be without one!
As always, JMPO.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I had to buy microsoft access for one of my classes. So I plan on using that. I also have several old notebooks so that I don't have to take my computer outside. I have 4 different pages covering supplies, rabbit health, the breeder from which I bought them from and breeding/kindling.

__________ Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:43 am __________

KKRabbitry":3sx4koax said:
We have a big dry erase board out in the barn that we write breeding info on.
I also recently started keeping a much more detailed notebook out in the barn.
For a while I used Evans software, but that kind of fell out of practice.......probably because I can't take the computer out in the barn!
(But that's next on the "to do" list......build an office in the rabbitry, complete with a computer, a swivel chair, a coffee maker, and a little tank of fish!) :coffeebath: :aquarium:
So instead of a man cave you have a rabbit cave. :mrgreen: Sound great. I have a small office in my home. It doubles as that and as housing for my orphans. :lol:

DSCF1260 (920x690).jpg

Latest posts

Back