Showing Rabbits in the same area of Breeder.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3309

Reaction score
Wanted to get opinions on ethics when you buy a showable rabbit from a breeder and then decide to go the county fair where the seller goes.
Is it an unethical move to show the same breed as the seller's specialty at that fair? A dead giveaway is the tattoo, the breeder would immediately recognize it.

The more rabbits in the class the bigger the rewards for the winners so most breeders want more of their breed shown.

Just don't claim it was your breeding and give credit to the person you bought the rabbit from and who was good enough to spread the wealth and sell their best stock to others :)

Your purchase, your rabbit to show.

Like Dood said, just don't claim the rabbit was your own breeding and give credit to the original breeder should you do well :) Most breeders are happy to see their stock on the show table! It's a compliment. And it does add competition to help others earn points/legs/etc.

Most people eventually want to show their own homegrowns, but we all start somewhere and usually starting off showing someone else's breedings :)

If I don't sell my broken blue otter Mini Rex (bred by me) by the time I enter my standard rex (not bred by me) I'm going to enter him too. I'll be my first time showing and I'm hoping to sell 3 rabbits there (broken blue otter if not sold by then, standard rex, and a mix breed)

Dood":30vg4lip said:
Just don't claim it was your breeding and give credit to the person you bought the rabbit from

:yeahthat:

I see it as good advertising for the breeder. Just give credit where credit is due. :)

I would be HIGHLY surprised :eek: (and disappointed) if the breeder that you bought your buns from got offended or upset about you showing rabbits in the same area. As previously stated, the more rabbits in a class the better. They should be the first to congratulate you should your rabbits do well, after all it is the product of their breeding decisions and that's what we all hope for in our litters; progeny better than either parent.

Definitely, go to the same shows!
That is what the breeder want!
It will help to push them farther along into
producing even better progeny!
Isn't that what it's all about?
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Shoot if I had to stay away from such shows I'd have to quit showing. LOL. Others are showing mine or offspring thereof and I'm doing the same.

I totally agree with everyone else. Definitely show your rabbits at the same show and give credit where credit is due. If the rabbit does well, this is to the benefit of the breeder and the breeder should welcome that.

If my buyers show my rabbits and they win, I would be so proud!

Latest posts

Back