So excited! Fur pulling underway!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhWRabbitry

Reaction score
So excited! First "Haystaching" and fur pulling underway here! Our Holland Lop Rosie is on a mission at a frenzied pace! Today was day 31. Can't wait to see what the next 24 hours holds!
:D :bunnyhop:

I hope you do intend to take plenty of pictures. :p Can't talk about rabblets without pictures!

Nyctra":vysoadgw said:
I hope you do intend to take plenty of pictures. :p Can't talk about rabblets without pictures!

I will definitely post some pictures tomorrow! I wanted to post a picture with my post earlier but she was in such a frenzy getting everything in the nest box that all the pictures were blurry! ha. No babies yet. She's resting from all that work. :D

Our Hollands love making us wait, or having them on day 30. They never play on our time-table. And ours have them in the early morning most of the time.

Good luck. Hope you have some nice pictures in the morning.

Silver Cloud":qvxcwxev said:
Ok, I'm excited for you but don't leave us hanging, any thing yet?? Hoping for the best.

So sweet that you all are checking in. Thank you. She rested last night and this morning and now is busy pulling a lot more fur! I think the time is soon. To our surprise our Mini Lop (that we thought had a false pregnancy) had her first litter today! She had 5 and 4 have survived! Sad we lost one but thrilled that 4 made it thus far. She made a good nest and has them covered well in fur. So exciting. :cheer2: :cheer1: I will post pictures sometime in the next day or two. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:32 pm __________ <br /><br /> The Holland Lop now had her litter today also. 4 born, only 2 survived. I don't think that's bad for her first litter though, from what I've read, right?

Congrads on the kits.

Yes not bad for her first litter. We've had 0 live and "all" live, just depends on the luck of the draw.

Sorry I missed your reply till today. Hopefully the doe is nursing well and the kits are growing.

One thing my wife read here at RT is that parsley helps the milk come in. Since she read that about 2 months ago, we never have a birth without it nearby.

Please post a reply and tell us how both sets of your kits are doing. Also would love to see some pictures too! :)

Thanks Jimmy! Yes her two are doing great! So are the litter of 4 Mini Lops born that same day! Thanks for asking and for the tip! Here's a couple pictures:
One of the Holland's kits
Rose%2BBen%2Bkit%2BNov%2B2014.JPG

The 4 Mini Lop kits
4%2Bdays%2Bold%2BViolets%2B1st%2Blitter.JPG

WhWRabbitry":t6s56vbx said:
Thanks Jimmy! Yes her two are doing great! So are the litter of 4 Mini Lops born that same day! Thanks for asking and for the tip! Here's a couple pictures:
One of the Holland's kits
Rose%2BBen%2Bkit%2BNov%2B2014.JPG

The 4 Mini Lop kits
4%2Bdays%2Bold%2BViolets%2B1st%2Blitter.JPG

How cute! Just love all the color!

Back